Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, and I just wanted to say that I have been following this forum for some time and have found it very helpful. Thank you all for your contributions in making this useful for so many people!

I had a question regarding offshore partner visa application. I am currently on PR (189), employed, and have been living in Australia for about 6 months. I am in the process of applying my wife's visa, however, she is 7 months pregnant. I understand that the visa has a medical requirement which includes a chest x-ray which would not be possible at this stage.

My question is, would it be advisable to apply for the visa, wait for the delivery, have the x-ray performed, and then add the baby to the application, or would it be better to simply wait approximately another 3 months and then apply for both their visas? Has anyone else gone through this dilemma? What did you decide to do eventually? Thanks for your hep in advance!

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is a possibility you can request immigration to defer that element of the medical check.

What immigration may do is still grant you the visa but required that you complete the x-ray by a certain period otherwise there may be consequences.

Alternatively, immigration may delay the grant of the visa until the x-ray is completed. It does depend on the Case Officer and they can use their discretion.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
309 visa applications take approximately 12 months, so she most likely won't need to complete the medical check before the baby is born. On the off-chance they do ask this, she can let them know about her pregnancy and they'll simply ask her to complete the check after delivery. You would also then have the opportunity to add your newborn to the application.

Given the long processing time of the visa, if it was me, I would get the process started earlier than later.

Reactions: collabusta

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies. I've actually decided to return home to my wife and launch her application from Pakistan. I just need to find out if other people have done this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.