Australia Forum banner

601 - 620 of 1543 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi All

First time posting on Forum and thanks to everyone for their input so far. We applied for our 309/100 visa on October 23rd 2015 via London. Just wondering if there is any movement out there with people who applied around the same time??

We got an email recently having done the health check to say thay had everything , no need to upload anything else and they were now processing the workload in order of receipt etc etc and reminded me that the time frame is 10-14 months from date of application.

We're really hoping for a positive decision soon.. its hopefully not far off now! these last weeks are the toughest i think!

Best of luck to all

thanks

james
Hmmm we didn't get an email to say that they have everything :( hopefully the medical went through.
We applied 15 October so was really hoping for approval soon. We are not planning on moving for at least another year but want to book a trip home , maybe at Xmas, to activate hubbys visa but holding off until hubby gets visa before booking and the flights keep getting more expensive!

I haven't found the wait for the visa too bad but now we are at the pointy end its much harder!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmm we didn't get an email to say that they have everything :( hopefully the medical went through.
We applied 15 October so was really hoping for approval soon. We are not planning on moving for at least another year but want to book a trip home , maybe at Xmas, to activate hubbys visa but holding off until hubby gets visa before booking and the flights keep getting more expensive!

I haven't found the wait for the visa too bad but now we are at the pointy end its much harder!
I have not heard of any one else getting an email (unless it's for more additional information of course) so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

We applied on the 12th Oct and are SO is VF. Completely agree with you that the wait has been fine but it's starting to drag now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey James

Welcome to the forum, we applied on December 1st and I am already finding the waiting tough. Hearing about other peoples approval on this forum helps though there have been very few of late.

PJD we have the some case officer. Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All !
And thanks for the replies, its good to know there are other people in the same position! Aplogies... our visa was actually lodged 23rd Oct 2014 rather than 2015 as I previously wrote.... it seems like an age ago! Our CO is KC and am checking my email alot these days in the hope of seeing 'that' email from her! I suppose its just a case of waiting now..... and watching the price of flights ... and the exchange rate!

We will all be eagerly waiting with fingers crossed for those of you who applied in Sept to get positive news .... and hopefully those of us who lodged in Oct won't be far behind!

James

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey James

Welcome to the forum, we applied on December 1st and I am already finding the waiting tough. Hearing about other peoples approval on this forum helps though there have been very few of late.

PJD we have the some case officer. Fingers crossed you hear something soon.
Hello! I got my co assigned dec 19th so thought I'd say hi as well as it is really tough but well all get there soon I'm sure!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok guys, so i sent off an email to my CO at 11:25 this morning asking for a general update considering we are at 10 months on Sunday.
30 minutes later there was a response VISA GRANTED

To describe us as ecstatic is an understatement.

Good luck to all you out there.
Congrat's mate, hearing this gives me hope for our approval soon.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone

Really great reading everyones experiences, helps a lot. Me and my partner applied a month ago before the prices went up and haven't heard anything yet. How long does it normally take to get assigned a CO? Does the 10-14 month wait start when you get assigned a CO or when they received your application?

Thanks for any answers :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello everyone

Really great reading everyones experiences, helps a lot. Me and my partner applied a month ago before the prices went up and haven't heard anything yet. How long does it normally take to get assigned a CO? Does the 10-14 month wait start when you get assigned a CO or when they received your application?

Thanks for any answers :)
Hi Welcome to the conversation. Processing starts from the date you lodged your application. Did you apply by post or online. We applied by post and a few weeks later we received all the oringal paperwork back with a letter detailing our official lodgement date.

Sharon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Welcome to the conversation. Processing starts from the date you lodged your application. Did you apply by post or online. We applied by post and a few weeks later we received all the oringal paperwork back with a letter detailing our official lodgement date.

Sharon
Thanks for your reply! We applied by post 4 weeks ago so hoping something will come through soon. We sent it recorded delivery so we know it definitely arrived, guess its just a waiting game just eager for it to get started.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for your reply! We applied by post 4 weeks ago so hoping something will come through soon. We sent it recorded delivery so we know it definitely arrived, guess its just a waiting game just eager for it to get started.
We too applied by paper and had a reply 2 weeks later requesting some additional information then nothing really until it was granted. Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok guys, so i sent off an email to my CO at 11:25 this morning asking for a general update considering we are at 10 months on Sunday.

Congratulations that's great news!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi all, my husband applied for his visa 23 oct 2014 via berlin. On the 23 this month it will be 9 months. I know this thread is process time for london but its just so quiet on the berlin thread its killing us, just had to share on a other thread and see whats going on arrrrrrrrr its just so frustrating! !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Great to hear that news. Congrats guys - there's hope for all us who are hanging near the 10 month mark.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A little bit surprised to read some people have been granted visas having applied at a similar time to us. We were told to hold off any health and police checks until instructed to do so... It's approaching 11 months and no updates. Hopefully our application hasn't been lost in the pile?!

London processing times when we applied were 10-12 months (now 10-14 months).

01/09/2014 - Applied online.
14/09/2014 - Case Office requested additional information that we provided same week.
09/01/2015 - Uploaded some updated docs.
29/07/2015 - No response since January.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A little bit surprised to read some people have been granted visas having applied at a similar time to us. We were told to hold off any health and police checks until instructed to do so... It's approaching 11 months and no updates. Hopefully our application hasn't been lost in the pile?!

London processing times when we applied were 10-12 months (now 10-14 months).

01/09/2014 - Applied online.
14/09/2014 - Case Office requested additional information that we provided same week.
09/01/2015 - Uploaded some updated docs.
29/07/2015 - No response since January.
Drop them an email asking for a progess update.

601 - 620 of 1543 Posts