Australia Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1543 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
We applied 25 June - CO assigned 27 July - medicals / Police clearances completed in August (south africa and uk due to my husband being from SA).

Married 4 years, no kids. Pretty straight forward application I think.

No grant yet - will let you know though as it seems June applicant grants are coming through!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Uhtred, Feb would be very convenient for me. Got my return flight to London booked for 21 Feb anyway (Tourist Visa...3 months). Fingers crossed!
Start of Feb would be brilliant for me too. We holiday end of Feb for 3 weeks so I'd like to activate it then...if not then I'll have to be back before September.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations to June applicants. Amazing news. Enjoy your weekend celebrating.

Has anyone applied in July? I wondered if you had heard anything (CO, medical)? I know August applicants (myself included 18th August) are still waiting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congratulations to June applicants. Amazing news. Enjoy your weekend celebrating.

Has anyone applied in July? I wondered if you had heard anything (CO, medical)? I know August applicants (myself included 18th August) are still waiting.
Applied in late July. Only contact to date was the request for more information (medical and police check) in September. They have been completed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for sharing. Interesting you heard so quickly about your medical/police check. I applied 18th August and have has no contact. I'm sure you will be granted your visa in the next couple of months.

Applied in late July. Only contact to date was the request for more information (medical and police check) in September. They have been completed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We applied 25 June - CO assigned 27 July - medicals / Police clearances completed in August (south africa and uk due to my husband being from SA).

Married 4 years, no kids. Pretty straight forward application I think.

No grant yet - will let you know though as it seems June applicant grants are coming through!
Hi..did you apply in pretoria...was everything done there.
I also did my application in pretoria on the 28th of July .
I have finished give in medicals in september..just waiting ..fingers crossed

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi..did you apply in pretoria...was everything done there.
I also did my application in pretoria on the 28th of July .
I have finished give in medicals in september..just waiting ..fingers crossed
Would be interested to know about that as well but I believe his application was handled in UK and that's where it was lodged too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would be interested to know about that as well but I believe his application was handled in UK and that's where it was lodged too.
Hi both - my husband is from South Africa, but we applied in London on the 25.06.2016. We have been living here for 4 years, so he had to get police certs from both UK and South Africa - the SA police check I was expecting to take a while, but it didnt it was quite quick actually.

Hope this helps?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you for sharing. Interesting you heard so quickly about your medical/police check. I applied 18th August and have has no contact. I'm sure you will be granted your visa in the next couple of months.
Perhaps! We will just be happy if it's granted, that's the main thing, we are not stressing over how long it takes really, as there's nothing we can do to influence that (apart from what we have done already - prepare the best application we can). I do understand it is far more stressful for others with different situations though, especially the prospect of time apart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I havent seen anymore grants from June as yet...so maybe these are all yet to come. I uploaded a job offer this morning - I have been offered a job starting in Jan back in Melbourne, so hoping this in some way will assist with the approval times.

Not sure though!

1021 - 1040 of 1543 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.