Australia Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1543 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I havent seen anymore grants from June as yet...so maybe these are all yet to come. I uploaded a job offer this morning - I have been offered a job starting in Jan back in Melbourne, so hoping this in some way will assist with the approval times.

Not sure though!
You got a job offer in Melbourne while you're in UK?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep I applied here, sat interviews assessments etc over the phone, and landed the job. So I start on the 16th Jan, so I will leave before my husband (as I am the sponsor) and hoping that will help our application.... and then he will join me when approved

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yep I applied here, sat interviews assessments etc over the phone, and landed the job. So I start on the 16th Jan, so I will leave before my husband (as I am the sponsor) and hoping that will help our application.... and then he will join me when approved
Wow congrats dear...I've heard it's extremely hard to get even an interview in Melbourne :-/ Hoping his application will get approved soonest. Keep us posted...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nope, nothing. Arrived in Australia on my eVisitor last week and I'm now trying to decide if I should do the medical now (submitted police checks already) or wait. Upside with waiting is that they'll have to contact you at some point to request it and you know that something is movig along, while submitting the medical now might mean no contact until they are ready to grant it. Which then will be a huge surprise...

But at least I got my medicare sorted yesterday. No probs at all here in Canberra. All she wanted was a print out of my current visa grant letter, the 309 application receipt and my passport. Took about 15 minutes to get it done. Expected it to be much more complicated after reading how some people on the forums had to fight for it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Delighted to share our good news - 309 grant came through today! We're thrilled and really surprised as it took well under 5 months, which was the very best we were hoping for (but expecting longer). There was no CO contact other than the request for the medicals and police check, so everything must have been in order with our application, thanks in no small part to all the excellent advice offered to both ourselves and many others on this forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Delighted to share our good news - 309 grant came through today! We're thrilled and really surprised as it took well under 5 months, which was the very best we were hoping for (but expecting longer). There was no CO contact other than the request for the medicals and police check, so everything must have been in order with our application, thanks in no small part to all the excellent advice offered to both ourselves and many others on this forum.
Did you apply through London or Ireland ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats! What's ur timeline?
Agent Used: No
Offshore Location: Ireland
Visa Sub Class: 309 Partner temporary Offshore
Application Made Via: Online
Applied: 24 Jul 16
Case Office Assigned: 08 Sep 16
Police Checks Submitted: 15 Sep 16
Medicals Submitted: 21 Sep 16
Visa Granted: 05 Dec 16

·
Registered
16 Posts
London. You can't apply through Dublin.
Congratulations on your grant! That's one of the quickest I have seen.

5 months, 6 days and counting for me and still no word. Impatience got the better of me on Friday and I ended up calling the service centre but was met with the standard "processing time is 10 - 14 months" spiel - not sure what I expected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
309/100 visa granted

Hi Everyone.

I had the 309 and 100 visas granted yesterday, just over 4 months since applying. :cool:

A bit of background: I'm British, living in the UK with dual citizen Australian-British husband/sponsor for the last 8 years (married for 7 years). No children.

My visa timeline is below -
Visa sub class: 309/100
Applied online: 30 July 2016 (sponsor's form and evidence uploaded within a week)
Case officer assigned: 27 September 2016 (additional document, police check and medical requested)
Police check and additional document submitted: 25 October 2016
Medical submitted: 2 November 2016 (undertaken on 27 October)
Visa granted (both the 309 and 100): 5 December 2016

Other than medical and police check the only extra document we were asked to supply was my husband/sponsor's proof of acquiring British citizenship (he naturalised in 2012).

In mid-November I realised that I should have had a button on my immiaccount which wasn't there, to notify them that I had uploaded the requested police check / medical / requested document. So when I realised, I just sent my case officer an email and he left a voicemail the next day to confirm they had everything they needed and we were just waiting for a visa grant date.

It also took me longer than I had hoped to do both the police check and medical. I found it difficult to find an endorser for my UK ACRO police check (I didn't realise I needed one until I went to request the check) and my "local" panel doctor only take appointments for Thursdays and they were already booked up for a couple of weeks.

None of this seemed to delay the visa grant though, it's come through much quicker than I was expecting!

We haven't made any fixed plans for moving and it is looking like we might just go to Australia for a holiday in early 2017 to validate the visa and then move over there sometime later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you go straight to the 100? Congratulations!

Offshore Location: Ireland
Visa Sub Class: 309 Partner temporary Offshore
Application Made Via: Online
Applied: 24 Jul 16
Case Office Assigned: 08 Sep 16
Police Checks Submitted: 15 Sep 16
Medicals Submitted: 21 Sep 16
Visa Granted: 05 Dec 16

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys! Just wanted to let u know that our visa came through today (100 not 309)! Very happy so things may start moving for the others.

Thanks so much for the help and support!

1041 - 1060 of 1543 Posts