Australia Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1543 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
After countless hours researching on here, I just wanted to thank everyone for taking time to post on this forum – it has been invaluable and I received my visa grant this morning via London just over 6 weeks after initial submission. Very surprised and delighted at how quickly it was processed.

I have a relatively straightforward case – my partner is Australian, we met in Nov 2015 and have lived together since March 2016 with no significant time apart or complicated circumstances.

My application timeline is as follows:

- Submitted payment and application form online 3rd Jan 2018
- Collated, formatted and uploaded supporting documentation bit by bit over the next 3-4 weeks. Final piece of evidence uploaded on 27th January.
- Received an email and follow up call from my case officer on the 6th Feb requesting police check and medical. He explained that my application had been reviewed and he was ready to grant as soon as these were received.
- Immediately booked medical and submitted NPCC application (Cheaper £45 option taking up to 10 working days)
- Had medical on Friday 9th Feb at Knightsbridge Doctors. Although they stated 3-4 working days, eMedical results were showing as submitted on my immi account by close of business on Tuesday 13th
- Received my Police clearance certificate on Saturday 17th Feb and immediately uploaded and emailed my case officer to confirm that all requested documentation has been submitted.
- Received the email with my grant at 10AM today (19th Feb 2018).
- Latest date for entry into Australia is 14th Feb 2019. (were aiming to move in September).

If it helps anyone currently putting together their application, I was able to get some feedback from the Case Officer regarding the format of my application. He explained that the way I had presented it made it very easy for him to follow and helped to expedite the process. He was really positive about it and thanked me for making it so straightforward and I have no doubt that this is one of the main reasons that my application was processed so quickly.

Although I provided well over 200 pages of evidence, I only uploaded about 20 items – all the usual standard documents; Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence, Passport, Photographs, Utilities bills, Statutory Declarations etc. were uploaded individually under their respective headings and then 1 PDF for each of the following key categories:

- Evidence for the length of Defacto relationship
- Evidence of Financial Aspects
- Evidence of Mutual Commitment
- Evidence of Relationship De Facto Partner.
- Evidence of Social Aspects of the Relationship
- Evidence of Nature of Household

Each of these PDFs were indexed with hyperlinks so that the case officer could use the index pane to click through the document. I included a statement at the start of each document which was essentially the answer to the relevant question in the initial application form, then combined all other relevant evidence into sub sections behind.

Generally, I only duplicated evidence between PDFs where absolutely necessary and kept it simple without including anything ‘just in case it might help’.

I know it’s been said on here a hundred times on here but the best approach really seems to be to put yourself in the CO’s position – imagine you have to trawl through hundreds of pages of a strangers documentation and random drivel. Make it as straightforward as you can for them and cut out the waffle. This was confirmed by my CO and certainly seems to have worked for me!

Thanks again to everyone for their posts – the forum really has been a godsend.

Good luck with your Applications!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello all... my assessment is in progress now. Case officer assigned 12th jan 2018 after submitting sept 23rd last year. 28 day deadline to submit my wifes aussie police check n a few more evidences regarding my relationship with my wife. that was all submitted last wednesday. how soon do u reckon for approval after this stage? thanks in advance all
Have you heard anything yet? I'm in the same boat, submitted hubby's Aussie police check Saturday, still nothing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey nope not heard anything but the status has changed to assessment in progress. im in no rush
how about you? was the police check all that was required?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey nope not heard anything but the status has changed to assessment in progress. im in no rush
how about you? was the police check all that was required?
CO asked for some other stuff a few weeks ago which I uploaded then clicked 'Information provided', status changed to 'Assessment in progress' but then she emailed my hubby asking for the AFP check. Uploaded that last Saturday . I've read about so many people getting their grants within minutes of uploading the last thing that I've been obsessively checking my emails every 5 minutes :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
you probably not far off. today has been 2 weeks since lastest submission. i think for both us it not that far off. fingers crossed. so much to do once visa comes through. lol. where u based?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congratulations! Thank you for your post on this feed back and methodology.

This is one of the most valuable posts currently available.

Well done.

[

=StuWhite;1814986]After countless hours researching on here, I just wanted to thank everyone for taking time to post on this forum - it has been invaluable and I received my visa grant this morning via London just over 6 weeks after initial submission. Very surprised and delighted at how quickly it was processed.

I have a relatively straightforward case - my partner is Australian, we met in Nov 2015 and have lived together since March 2016 with no significant time apart or complicated circumstances.

My application timeline is as follows:

- Submitted payment and application form online 3rd Jan 2018
- Collated, formatted and uploaded supporting documentation bit by bit over the next 3-4 weeks. Final piece of evidence uploaded on 27th January.
- Received an email and follow up call from my case officer on the 6th Feb requesting police check and medical. He explained that my application had been reviewed and he was ready to grant as soon as these were received.
- Immediately booked medical and submitted NPCC application (Cheaper £45 option taking up to 10 working days)
- Had medical on Friday 9th Feb at Knightsbridge Doctors. Although they stated 3-4 working days, eMedical results were showing as submitted on my immi account by close of business on Tuesday 13th
- Received my Police clearance certificate on Saturday 17th Feb and immediately uploaded and emailed my case officer to confirm that all requested documentation has been submitted.
- Received the email with my grant at 10AM today (19th Feb 2018).
- Latest date for entry into Australia is 14th Feb 2019. (were aiming to move in September).

If it helps anyone currently putting together their application, I was able to get some feedback from the Case Officer regarding the format of my application. He explained that the way I had presented it made it very easy for him to follow and helped to expedite the process. He was really positive about it and thanked me for making it so straightforward and I have no doubt that this is one of the main reasons that my application was processed so quickly.

Although I provided well over 200 pages of evidence, I only uploaded about 20 items - all the usual standard documents; Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence, Passport, Photographs, Utilities bills, Statutory Declarations etc. were uploaded individually under their respective headings and then 1 PDF for each of the following key categories:

- Evidence for the length of Defacto relationship
- Evidence of Financial Aspects
- Evidence of Mutual Commitment
- Evidence of Relationship De Facto Partner.
- Evidence of Social Aspects of the Relationship
- Evidence of Nature of Household

Each of these PDFs were indexed with hyperlinks so that the case officer could use the index pane to click through the document. I included a statement at the start of each document which was essentially the answer to the relevant question in the initial application form, then combined all other relevant evidence into sub sections behind.

Generally, I only duplicated evidence between PDFs where absolutely necessary and kept it simple without including anything 'just in case it might help'.

I know it's been said on here a hundred times on here but the best approach really seems to be to put yourself in the CO's position - imagine you have to trawl through hundreds of pages of a strangers documentation and random drivel. Make it as straightforward as you can for them and cut out the waffle. This was confirmed by my CO and certainly seems to have worked for me!

Thanks again to everyone for their posts - the forum really has been a godsend.

Good luck with your Applications![/QUOTE]

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All, great forum - really useful for our 309/100 application.

On average, how long did people have to wait between submitting the medical and police checks (After been asked for them by the CO at the start of Jan), both were submitted within 2 weeks, and having their visa granted?

Almost up to 5 months time - applying through London.

Thank you.
Have you heard anything yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mines changed to further assessment too! Thought it meant I was just about to get an answer but seems everyone has this after they submit there further information.

I submitted my requests for information and police checks etc on 25th Feb so just over a week ago! Hoping I’m not in the waiting boat for long! Heard some wait 10 mins and some are still waiting months in! I get nervous every time my phone gets an email. Do people usually wait a very long time when being assessed from the London office?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,we have applied for my husbands 309 visa on 18th December 2017. We have been married 3 years this April, and have a 2 year old and a 5 week old. Both children are in the process of getting citizenship by descent via myself. I have seen lots of people getting quick visa grants, congrats all. Our application status is still just 'received' with an estimated 11-15 month wait and says our application has been placed in a queue from lodgement date. But I've seen people who lodged theirs only this year and already had grants. It seems ours hasn't even been looked at yet. We uploaded everything necessary apart from police checks and health check. Anyone else as frustrated as I am?! (I know it's only been three months)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi all,we have applied for my husbands 309 visa on 18th December 2017. We have been married 3 years this April, and have a 2 year old and a 5 week old. Both children are in the process of getting citizenship by descent via myself. I have seen lots of people getting quick visa grants, congrats all. Our application status is still just 'received' with an estimated 11-15 month wait and says our application has been placed in a queue from lodgement date. But I've seen people who lodged theirs only this year and already had grants. It seems ours hasn't even been looked at yet. We uploaded everything necessary apart from police checks and health check. Anyone else as frustrated as I am?! (I know it's only been three months)
Longer history unfortunately means the decision maker has to spend longer reviewing the evidence supplied, which makes it more complex and thus takes longer... same situation for us - we'd have been better off applying through the 300 PMV stream some years ago even with less evidence.

In this case forgiveness is not easier than permission. A comparison image from 2016 provides some contrast to 2018.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all

Just wanted to let you know I got my visa grant today. 309 and 100 granted at the same time.

Applied offshore in London October 2017 (using an agent), heard nothing until January asking for police checks and medicals. These were submitted a week later. Heard nothing back after that.

I have been staying with my partner in Australia. This morning I left Aus for NZ for a holiday, and had the email with visa grant this evening.

Total time = 4.5 months.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Shosh

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi all

Just wanted to let you know I got my visa grant today. 309 and 100 granted at the same time.

Applied offshore in London October 2017 (using an agent), heard nothing until January asking for police checks and medicals. These were submitted a week later. Heard nothing back after that.

I have been staying with my partner in Australia. This morning I left Aus for NZ for a holiday, and had the email with visa grant this evening.

Total time = 4.5 months.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Shosh
Congratulations!
It would be great if you were able to obtain some feedback on why this was processed so quickly and if there's anything we can learn from it.

And in particular the grant of 100 at the same time as many folks are being denied thus even after 10+ years of marriage

·
Registered
19 Posts
My daughters citizenship by descent application was finalised today! After 1.5 months even though they predicted a 4-6 month wait. It's a completely different department I know, but could this mean hope for our visa?

1361 - 1380 of 1543 Posts