Australia Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1543 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
What's the longest people have waited for a visa grant after uploading medical/police checks? They requested this from us on March 10th and we had everything done and uploaded by 1st April. I know it's only been a few weeks but I'm checking immi every and we are just raring to go to Australia to be honest! Just want it to hurry up lol
Some peoples will happen in a matter of days, other still wait months. Hopefully yours comes soon. I've just uploaded my last police check about 2 weeks ago, fingers crossed I get news soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I applied for 820/801 onshore visa but it’s being processed in London. I submitted my requested police checks back in March and still waiting. I was hoping it would have been quicker once submitted. I keep checking emails through the night with the time difference!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have some idea how long the 300 PMV's take to process from London at the moment? I'll be lodging mine in 3 weeks (just waiting for my divorce to be legal).

I have a quick question.... If a PMV is granted and I have to enter Australia to activate it, does the 9 month window start on the date the visa is granted or the date I enter Australia? My understanding it's 9 months from the grant date.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have some idea how long the 300 PMV's take to process from London at the moment? I'll be lodging mine in 3 weeks (just waiting for my divorce to be legal).

I have a quick question.... If a PMV is granted and I have to enter Australia to activate it, does the 9 month window start on the date the visa is granted or the date I enter Australia? My understanding it's 9 months from the grant date.
9 months from date of grant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

I applied for a 300 PMV on Oct 11 2017 , had my medical and police checks completed by mid Feb 2018 . Now I am just waiting ......

Good luck with your application

·
Registered
71 Posts
No movement on my 309/100 application after a month, still waiting for the AFP check for my wife to arrive. Takes up to 20 days to come from Australia apparently. Painful.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice cheeky long wait and visa finally approved.

Submitted initial application back in June 2017.

Waited for contact from CO and received request for additional information.

Medical & Police checks submitted in Jan 2018.

Had some issues with 1 of the Police Certificates and had to go through the Penal Waiver procedure. CO was super helpful and considerate and finally managed to get it over the line.

309 & 100 both granted at the same time - May 2018. Not as quick as some of the other applications from the London Embassy, but 11 months is not too bad.

Onwards to planning for the big move! Best of luck to all other applications

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Global processing times for 309/100 switched from 10-13 months to 12-16 months today.
The change shows that 75% of the visas granted in April were processed in under 12 months, compared to 75% being processed in under 10 months in March.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there all,
I had my 309 visa granted (after a long a painful wait!) in jan 2017. It’s coming up to 2 years since I first applied meaning I have to apply for the 100 section.
Has anyone on here began the process of their 100, or have any info on this part of the process? Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi All
85 days and counting here. After a while you start to think about other evidence you could attach, not sure if adding stuff later is a good idea or not. We cleared out an old filing cabinet and found old house purchase documents etc from 10 years ago. Not decided yet on whether to add anything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

I submitted my application for the 309 visa offshore on 22nd April 2018 (decision ready with all medicals and police checks attached. We had a consultation with an agent and she recommended we do it this way, so we thought about it and accepted the risks associated with potentially having to repeat these)! She also mentioned that soon the process will be changing, where the sponsor must be approved before the applicant can submit anything, so it is worth applying ASAP if possible. However I understand this is something that has been rumoured for a while and as yet has come to nothing.

My boyfriend and I have lived together for almost two years now, and he is currently in the UK on a WHV, however this expires in August so he will be returning to Australia while I wait out the visa decision in the UK. Had money been no issue, we would have submitted much sooner but couldn't afford the visa costs right away. I may join him in Australia on a tourist visa towards the end of the year if we still haven't heard anything, so we can wait it out together. For me the most frustrating aspect of the process is the inability to plan anything!

Thanks for all of the advice made available on this forum, it has made a very stressful and time consuming process much less so!

Hope you all get the news you are waiting for soon :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Still waiting

Hi all,
Police checks and Medicaid uploaded 2/4/18... still heard nothing. Application status is still further assessment. We recently applied for our newborns citizenship by descent though... could they be waiting for this before they grant the visa? Also when we uploaded the medical and police checks we clicked the button at the bottom of the page saying 'I confirm I have provided all information as requested' and I also as a precaution uploaded the newborns birth certificate and passport too as proof she exists, but we didn't get an email notify us that they received all of this. They must have received it though because there is now no option for us to add anything else and also the processing time has disappeared from my husbands application. I know it's only been 2.5 months since police and medical checks were submitted but surely they wouldn't have requested them if they didn't have a grant timeline in mind for us? Our case is straightforward too, been married for 3 years with 2 kids, so much evidence that our relationship is genuine.
We went for a holiday to Australia in April and my husband applied for a tourist visa via the immi department but it was not processed quick enough so we applied for another instant one elsewhere which we paid for. Therefore the tourist one via immi account was rejected a few days later as it said in the email my husband was already in the country with a different valid visa. Would this affect the 309 application? If so they haven't contacted us to query this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all

Just wanted to let you know I got my visa grant today. 309 and 100 granted at the same time.

Applied offshore in London October 2017 (using an agent), heard nothing until January asking for police checks and medicals. These were submitted a week later. Heard nothing back after that.

I have been staying with my partner in Australia. This morning I left Aus for NZ for a holiday, and had the email with visa grant this evening.

Total time = 4.5 months.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Shosh
That's really great to hear you only had to wait 4.5 months! Just curious, were you in a long-term relationship (3+ years) at the time you applied or do you have children with your partner?

I'm told that these short turn around processing times are rare and only happen for people who have been in a long-term relationship or those who have children at the time you applied.

I'm an Aussie and my boyfriend U.S. citizen, we applied Apr 2018, medicals and police check are done. Just in the waiting game now, but trying to see if we have a chance of getting ours processed in a short time like yours.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good sign asked for Medical straight away?

Hi all, first post here.

We submitted my partners 309 visa application in May 2018 (in London) and were asked for a medical a couple days later (which he's done and its cleared on the immi account). Do you think its a good sign they asked for the medical so quickly - i.e. they think it will be a quick application?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any update on this one? You submitted just a couple weeks before me :)

Hi All,

I submitted my application for the 309 visa offshore on 22nd April 2018 (decision ready with all medicals and police checks attached. We had a consultation with an agent and she recommended we do it this way, so we thought about it and accepted the risks associated with potentially having to repeat these)! She also mentioned that soon the process will be changing, where the sponsor must be approved before the applicant can submit anything, so it is worth applying ASAP if possible. However I understand this is something that has been rumoured for a while and as yet has come to nothing.

My boyfriend and I have lived together for almost two years now, and he is currently in the UK on a WHV, however this expires in August so he will be returning to Australia while I wait out the visa decision in the UK. Had money been no issue, we would have submitted much sooner but couldn't afford the visa costs right away. I may join him in Australia on a tourist visa towards the end of the year if we still haven't heard anything, so we can wait it out together. For me the most frustrating aspect of the process is the inability to plan anything!

Thanks for all of the advice made available on this forum, it has made a very stressful and time consuming process much less so!

Hope you all get the news you are waiting for soon :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, first post here.

We submitted my partners 309 visa application in May 2018 (in London) and were asked for a medical a couple days later (which he's done and its cleared on the immi account). Do you think its a good sign they asked for the medical so quickly - i.e. they think it will be a quick application?
Hi, new here also. Situation sounds similar to mine, Submitted mid-April 2018 (London). Had medical done on 8th May and immi account updated with:

"All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime."

Question I have is "How do you when a case officer has been appointed?"

I haven't received any e-mails or messages in the immi account and each time I log in the status of "Received" hasn't changed. Think I read here that the status might not necessarily change, i.e. it could stay at "Received" until decision is made.

I do consider my application to be fairly straightforward but I guess I just have to play the waiting game familiar to you all :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi all, first post here.

Was it a request from a CO via email or was it in immi?

1421 - 1440 of 1543 Posts