Australia Forum banner
141 - 160 of 1543 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
What now though? We just book flights and go? Or do I need to send my passport in or do something else? It feels so weird to actually have the visa!
You can just book your flights and go as long as you have not changed passports they don't use labels in your passport any more it is all linked to your passport.

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
You just book flights and go. :) Print out a copy of your visa grant and keep it with your passport just in case something happens and you need it, but you're unlikely to. :) Everything's done electronically these days.

Reactions: Dinkum

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't know if I'm just being really stupid or what but I have no idea how to email my CO? Do I just send reply to an email they sent me to inform me that my CO was assigned or I just need to use this form Australian Immigration Enquiry form for Europe ? I guess it probably makes me look silly asking this question but I'm really confused reading about people emailing their CO and I have no idea how to do it :( Thanks!
Duszek

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
When your CO was assigned, did they give you the CO's email address? Did it come from an address that looked like it belonged to a specific person? Otherwise you can just use the general address you listed above.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When your CO was assigned, did they give you the CO's email address? Did it come from an address that looked like it belonged to a specific person? Otherwise you can just use the general address you listed above.
Email doesn't look like it belongs to a specific person imo, but it still confuses me how they will know if I use that general address who I'm trying to contact, if I just use my Client ID or TRN (Transaction Reference Number) it will automatically go to my CO?

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Yes. If you provide them your identifying info you just mention, they'll route it to the proper team or CO.

·
Registered
200 Posts
309 visa granted today, after 8 months 9 days :)

(CO was DP)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congratulations Rheia. You still on track for September?
Yup, flights now booked for Sept 17th, finishing work a month before that to allow for a bit of travelling to visit my family and getting organised.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,
I've recently applied online for a PMV and am currently uploading all my evidence and have a couple of questions:

How do I know when a CO is assigned? Do I get an email or do I have to keep logging on to my IMMIAccount to check?

Currently, how long after application are people having a CO assigned at the London embassy?

Thanks...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,
I've recently applied online for a PMV and am currently uploading all my evidence and have a couple of questions:

How do I know when a CO is assigned? Do I get an email or do I have to keep logging on to my IMMIAccount to check?

Currently, how long after application are people having a CO assigned at the London embassy?

Thanks...
Hello :)

You will know when your CO is assigned when you get an email from them. Also they will give you HAP ID so you can do your medical examination (I would rather wait with doing them til they ask you to) - I went to clinic in London - 270 pounds and they uploaded all checks in 2 days to DIBP.

I think people usually wait around 4-8 weeks for their CO. I applied online on 18th of March and I've got an email from my CO on 29th of April.

If they need anything more to your application they will tell you about it in the email.

If you have any other question feel free to ask them :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was really surprised today while I was checking my email. I got an email from my CO (VF) after 4 months from lodging visa application saying she has got now all the documents she requires at this stage of processing. And again she told me all about the time frames, and that I shouldn't try to contact her during the processing time.

I really find it surprising cos lots of people don't hear from their CO anything or they are waiting cpl days til they reply to their messages, lot's of people don't even know what CO they have until visa is granted. It's been 4 months after lodging my visa application and I have already heard from her twice, and I've never even tried to contact her. I hope it's a good news! I'm so glad to know that actually someone already looked and checked my visa application. It seems like I'm really close to the end, I can't wait til it's all over!

Good luck everyone with your visas journeys!

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
London is actually usually the most communicative of the DIBP embassies. I wish other embassies worked the way they did! They're organized, you can actually plan exactly when you're going to get your visa with them as their timelines are spot-on, you can actually talk to your CO... ah, to have that at all embassies! :)

Good on ya, Duszek - sounds like you're now just waiting to hit 8-9 months. :)

Reactions: Duszek and Dinkum

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys
I received my visa grant last Monday, which was 8 months 3 days!
Annoyingly this was 3 day after I arrived in Australia on a tourist visa, so I had to fly out to New Zealand to activate it, a costly trip!
I'm over the moon that after all the hard work and money it finally came through. The London embassy were fantastic and very quick at replying and always willing to help.
Good luck to everybody who's still waiting, time flies don't worry!

RP x

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys
I received my visa grant last Monday, which was 8 months 3 days!
Annoyingly this was 3 day after I arrived in Australia on a tourist visa, so I had to fly out to New Zealand to activate it, a costly trip!
I'm over the moon that after all the hard work and money it finally came through. The London embassy were fantastic and very quick at replying and always willing to help.
Good luck to everybody who's still waiting, time flies don't worry!

RP x
Congrats it must be such a relief, waiting for the decision is really stressful!

Who was your CO? and what type of visa was it? :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
It was an offshore partner visa 309.
My case officer was SV, however the grant, and all communication since then has come from LC, who I must say is fantastic, he replies within the hour.
I understand your stress, for the last couple of weeks I was checking my emails every 2 minutes, and when I finally gave up, it arrived!
I even emailed a week before I flew with a cheeky email asking if they could grant before I went to Australia, to no avail. But as frustrating as it is to have the visa arrive just after I did, it doesn't spoil the happiness and relief when it's all done.
Good luck! If you have any questions please let me know :)

141 - 160 of 1543 Posts