Australia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I'm looking for some reassurance regarding my partner's application. Applied for the partner visa in May 2016 offshore, he's Zambian and the closest processing centre is Pretoria. Have not received any correspondance since the acknowledgement of the application received, not even a medical...I am aware that once he is asked for a medical the visa will be processed within the next 6 months from that time. I believe the current processing time is 13-15 months - is that still correct?
I am just reaching out if there is anyone in a similar position who applied in SA and had not been asked for a medical for at least 7 months from the application being lodged - just feeling forgotten and anxious.
Thank you for reading this.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello
I'm looking for some reassurance regarding my partner's application. Applied for the partner visa in May 2016 offshore, he's Zambian and the closest processing centre is Pretoria. Have not received any correspondance since the acknowledgement of the application received, not even a medical...I am aware that once he is asked for a medical the visa will be processed within the next 6 months from that time. I believe the current processing time is 13-15 months - is that still correct?
I am just reaching out if there is anyone in a similar position who applied in SA and had not been asked for a medical for at least 7 months from the application being lodged - just feeling forgotten and anxious.
Hello Abeez.
I am from Zimbabwe, l recently applied for one end of february. Well somethings you should not worry about them. God is in control and He is a miracle worker so just be patient and wait for His timing. Its always the best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello
Hi Abeez,

My partner and I are in the same position. He is Zambian and I'm Australian. I am currently living in Zambia with him.

We applied on 14 March 2016 and only on 16 March 2017 did we hear from the CO. My partner was requested to get a new police clearance and complete his medicals which he has done just last week.

We are hoping there will be some news soon as we are both very eager to go back to Australia!!!

How are things looking, any update for you guys?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Abeez,

My partner and I are in the same position. He is Zambian and I'm Australian. I am currently living in Zambia with him.

We applied on 14 March 2016 and only on 16 March 2017 did we hear from the CO. My partner was requested to get a new police clearance and complete his medicals which he has done just last week.

We are hoping there will be some news soon as we are both very eager to go back to Australia!!!

How are things looking, any update for you guys?
Hi there Loulaa
Thanks for you reply - much appreciated. Nice to hear from someone in a similar position to us :)
We haven't had any news yet...still waiting for my husband to be contacted for his medicals, we know once they are requested it means the outcome of the visa application will be determined quite soon.
When your husband did his medicals was there quite a wait for him to be able to book an appointment or was it quite straight forward? Do you mind me asking how much it cost you for the medicals?
So our 12 month mark is at the end of May, we think we will get contacted for medicals at that point...similar to your situation, worse case scenario is August and unfortunatley we will separated until then as his visitor visa expires soon so he'll have to leave Aus, I have to stay for work :( but we are just thinking about the future.
where in Australia will you move to? keep thinking positive, it will happen - but as we both know things are SLOW in Africa haha.
take care :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there Loulaa
Thanks for you reply - much appreciated. Nice to hear from someone in a similar position to us :)
We haven't had any news yet...still waiting for my husband to be contacted for his medicals, we know once they are requested it means the outcome of the visa application will be determined quite soon.
When your husband did his medicals was there quite a wait for him to be able to book an appointment or was it quite straight forward? Do you mind me asking how much it cost you for the medicals?
So our 12 month mark is at the end of May, we think we will get contacted for medicals at that point...similar to your situation, worse case scenario is August and unfortunatley we will separated until then as his visitor visa expires soon so he'll have to leave Aus, I have to stay for work :( but we are just thinking about the future.
where in Australia will you move to? keep thinking positive, it will happen - but as we both know things are SLOW in Africa haha.
take care :)
Hi Abeez,

We actually got our visa approved last Thursday! He literally submitted his medical on the Tuesday and then by Thursday we had a grant letter! so you're right, it can be verrrrry quick!

No there was no wait, they literally told him he could just come in any day and do it! He just had to go there by 8am and from what he said it was quite straight forward. He did the medical at the clinic and went to another place not toooo far for his x-ray and it was done. He paid 1,200 kwacha which I think is maybe around $170 or something AUD.

In the grand scheme of things I'm sure you guys can make it, separation sucks so badly. I lasted 8 months before I packed up and came to Zambia haha its not easy but you're right just think of the future.

We will live in Perth initially, as that is where I am from. So unless we planned to move elsewhere we would just remain in Perth.

Africa is painfully slow hahaha.. its taken me a lot of adjustment to accept that things don't work the same as they do in Aus!

If you want to ask any more questions or keep in contact email me at [email protected]

Keep us posted! x

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Abeez,

We actually got our visa approved last Thursday! He literally submitted his medical on the Tuesday and then by Thursday we had a grant letter! so you're right, it can be verrrrry quick!

No there was no wait, they literally told him he could just come in any day and do it! He just had to go there by 8am and from what he said it was quite straight forward. He did the medical at the clinic and went to another place not toooo far for his x-ray and it was done. He paid 1,200 kwacha which I think is maybe around $170 or something AUD.

In the grand scheme of things I'm sure you guys can make it, separation sucks so badly. I lasted 8 months before I packed up and came to Zambia haha its not easy but you're right just think of the future.

We will live in Perth initially, as that is where I am from. So unless we planned to move elsewhere we would just remain in Perth.

Africa is painfully slow hahaha.. its taken me a lot of adjustment to accept that things don't work the same as they do in Aus!

If you want to ask any more questions or keep in contact email me at [email protected]

Keep us posted! x
Oh wow that is amazing news!!! congratulations!!! when are you coming back home?
I feel very hopeful now - thank you for letting me know your news. Yes separation is annoying but it's got to be done and he needs to be offshore anyway to get the visa - so all good. I can't believe it happened so quick after the medicals were submitted!! amazing :)
I am from Melbs so we are based here but probably going to Perth at the end of this year for a holiday, I'll email you - we could swap stories over a coffee :)
take care and thanks again for sharing. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh wow that is amazing news!!! congratulations!!! when are you coming back home?
I feel very hopeful now - thank you for letting me know your news. Yes separation is annoying but it's got to be done and he needs to be offshore anyway to get the visa - so all good. I can't believe it happened so quick after the medicals were submitted!! amazing :)
I am from Melbs so we are based here but probably going to Perth at the end of this year for a holiday, I'll email you - we could swap stories over a coffee :)
take care and thanks again for sharing. I'll keep you posted.
We are leaving Lusaka on 7 June! So about 7 weeks from now..
Its definitely something to feel hopeful about.
Yes would love to swap stories over a coffee.
xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts