Australia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appreciate any advice.

My partner wrote her statements. But as coming from non-English speaking country and background and she have not written long statements since her schooling days.

She wrote her statements based on the cultural thinking and expression. Immigration may have a hard time understanding her statements on Financial, development, household etc and may affect our application.

Is it acceptable for the Sponsor to help to edit her statements so that it is more understandable with clarity and right to the point so that immigration need not to read over and over again to get the point or even may not fully understand her statements? Even myself as a Sponsor, I have to check and proof read my own statements as some composition and grammar were flaw in the first write up

·
Registered
188 Posts
Appreciate any advice.

My partner wrote her statements. But as coming from non-English speaking country and background and she have not written long statements since her schooling days.

She wrote her statements based on the cultural thinking and expression. Immigration may have a hard time understanding her statements on Financial, development, household etc and may affect our application.

Is it acceptable for the Sponsor to help to edit her statements so that it is more understandable with clarity and right to the point so that immigration need not to read over and over again to get the point or even may not fully understand her statements? Even myself as a Sponsor, I have to check and proof read my own statements as some composition and grammar were flaw in the first write up
I don't see a problem. I wrote my partner's statements from her point of view and she read them and approved them. It's the truth that is important, not who composed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts