Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Offshore Visa Waiting Room - who is waiting more than a year?

I thought it would be nice to have a list of members who wait for their partner visa (spouse, pmv, de facto) for more than a year. List is simple: username, where it was lodged and the date of lodgement. I posted informations about members I know about. If there is somebody ( and I am sure there is, unfortunately) who lodged offshore application for some kind of partner visa before more than a year and still waits for his/her decision feel free to give us your info to update this list.

26 months:
kangaro - (Berlin) 06.01.2012

21 months:
kikstaa - (Vienna) 06.2012.

13 months:
akinawamomo - (Cairo) 30.01.2013

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Great idea, sunnysmile.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course, chicken999. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks sunnysmile , I think it is good to know who is around waiting for so long. Hope the recent grants for long timers , Someuser and Gerrywins , is a good omen for the rest of us.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks sunny smile. In that case add me

Applicant: Ghanian male sponsor oz female ie me

Applied in Kenya 9.11.12 so only 8 months but if u count from first visa application which was refused

Applied in Malaysia 1.4.11
Refused 15.4.12
Applied mrt - 15.5.12 - so waiting 15 months so far on that

Total all up from date of first application 28 months

Do it win longest wait lol?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first intention was to make transparent list of people who wait more than a year in one piece. I am confused about what to put as your date of lodgement because you received decision for the first one and there is a gap between the first and the second application. MRT is another story. As I said, I am confused and if someone have an idea about this I would like to hear it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well maybe I'm only an honorary member of this thread then lol but I love too see the long term waiters get there visas so will follow it closely as I feel such joy when I see someone who was waited so long, like me, finally have their dream fine true. It gives me hope! I was so excited for gerrywins and someuser when hey finally got their visas.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I followed their (gerrywins and someuser's) progress almost from the beginning and I was ecstatic when they received their grants. I am sad that a thread like this is even possible to exist - in modern era and 21st century technology nobody should wait 2 years for their visa.

Reactions: Adventuress

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I followed their (gerrywins and someuser's) progress almost from the beginning and I was ecstatic when they received their grants. I am sad that a thread like this is even possible to exist - in modern era and 21st century technology nobody should wait 2 years for their visa.
You are right sunnysmile, nobody should wait 2 years for their visa and I could not imagine that when we applied, two years ago, we would still be waiting with no guarantees and no idea on how much longer we have to wait for an answer.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Man, this thread just breaks my heart. It is SO HARD to be away from someone you love for so long.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Updated list. Unfortunately, nadam reached 14 months of waiting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well Sunny,I thought I would join your club though my 820/801 was lodged onshore.I am on my 16 month of waiting starting the 17th month next week.I keep on checking my email daily,for any outcome...still waiting

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, Belden. I am very sad to see anyone in the situation of waiting such a long time for their visa grant. I know that we both (offshore and onshore) suffer the same my first intention was to make a list of people who lodged their visa application offshore.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Agreed. Also, offshore applications are supposed to take significantly less time than onshore applications... so waiting 15 months for an onshore application is standard, while it's wayyyyy above what the wait is supposed to be for certain offshore countries.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Updated list. Unfortunately, nadam reached 14 months of waiting.
Cheers for that. I actually didn't realise until I saw your post.

The wait time has now literally blown out to twice the timeframe we were quoted of 7-9 months.

I remember when it was the day it reached seven months, racing home to refresh the inbox 40,000-odd times, expecting it to come through at any minute. Foolish bastard I was, it turns out!

Our time will be soon though 'ako Bog da'!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Cheers for that. I actually didn't realise until I saw your post.

The wait time has now literally blown out to twice the timeframe we were quoted of 7-9 months.

I remember when it was the day it reached seven months, racing home to refresh the inbox 40,000-odd times, expecting it to come through at any minute. Foolish bastard I was, it turns out!

Our time will be soon though 'ako Bog da'!
I still refresh my inbox thousands of times daily expecting it to come just as I did it the first days. :eek:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I edited one name from a list: just received info from Mica who got her visa in July.

Reactions: CollegeGirl

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updated list. Unfortunately, isaac reached 17 months of waiting.

1 - 20 of 374 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.