Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Anyone waiting for temporary visa since mid/late 2017?

The assessment seems endless, regardless of what I do.
I don’t think I can handle loging and seeing this “further assessment” anymore.

Should I write to the Ombudsman? Any successful experiences here?

·
Registered
35 Posts

I don't think I can handle loging and seeing this "further assessment" anymore.

Hi I applied for PMV on the 7th march 2017 and it was a front loaded application. On the 5th march 2018 I got asked for additional information by my co, which was provided in the same week. Haven't heard back yet and the online status shows further assessment. Not sure how long it is gonna be before the grant..!

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Last I heard the ombudsman was not investigating any complaints in regards to the processing time if they are still within the global processing times.

It is a 309 or 820 visa? The 820's a lot are waiting longer than 12 months.

The best advice I can give is try not to think about it. Also I would not even bother checking the status on immiaccount as it doesn't mean alot as they don't seem to change it. My husband's was received the day before it was approved.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hi I applied for PMV on the 7th march 2017 and it was a front loaded application. On the 5th march 2018 I got asked for additional information by my co, which was provided in the same week. Haven't heard back yet and the online status shows further assessment. Not sure how long it is gonna be before the grant..!
Wow! A year just to get an email! I don't think I can do that!

I'm not familiar with PMV, I believe this is a permanent visa leading to citizenship? In this case I'd understand the long wait. But anything above 12 mo is not justified in my opinion!

Wish u luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last I heard the ombudsman was not investigating any complaints in regards to the processing time if they are still within the global processing times.

It is a 309 or 820 visa? The 820's a lot are waiting longer than 12 months.

The best advice I can give is try not to think about it. Also I would not even bother checking the status on immiaccount as it doesn't mean alot as they don't seem to change it. My husband's was received the day before it was approved.
Thank you for commenting. Its visitor 600, thats why the wait is insane! The global processing time is 10-19 days, while I'm close to 9 months.
Any temporary visa application shouldn't exceed 6 months as far as I know.

I agree with what you've advised. I know they're not concerned with updating online status but I heard some people found their status had changed to "finalised", but received nothing in their mailbox, so I can't help but checking daily to make sure it isn't the case 🙂

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Any temporary visa application shouldn't exceed 6 months as far as I know.
The wording 'temporary visa' might confuse, as there are many different types of temporary visas, some that take over 1 year to process. My wife's second temporary visa took 9 months, and the fourth was 5 months.

Its visitor 600, thats why the wait is insane! The global processing time is 10-19 days, while I'm close to 9 months.
I agree that 9 months is very long for a visitor visa. Our last two were 28 days and 35 days.
Are you aware of any unusual circumstances around your application?
What country is it from?

Some countries might have longer processing times due to security checks.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Better be patient. I recall mine had waited for 15 months

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I wrongly assumed temporary partner visa. Must have skimmed over the first post...

Yeah, I'd be calling and chasing up on that. Obviously each case is different and certain circumstances may drag it out, but you seem to be referring to business visitor wait times and 90% are processed in 19 days or less.

The ombudsman won't address the complaint unless you've made attempts to resolve it with immigration first, so start there.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I unintentionally overstayed, Aus visa a few years ago. My applications for Aus visa were refused for pic4014, genuine temporary entrant; not enough "incentives to return" and such.
As Aussiesteve said, the above from your previous thread might have some bearing on it...

It is difficult to help with answers, unless the full details are given.

A ban for overstaying, changes everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.