Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
First post here for me and I haven't seen anyone else bring up this specific situation. My wife has applied for an 820 partner visa and received an approval for a BVA as she awaits processing for the 820. The letter says the BVA will not be active until the ETA she is currently on expires 3 months after she entered, which would be in May.

However, we would like to leave Australia for about a week before then to attend a wedding, so the question is, is there any risk in doing this and not being allowed back in on the ETA? I understand it will reset the 3 month period before activation of the BVA, which is not ideal but ok, but not being allowed to re-enter at all would be a disaster.

The ETA says it's valid for multiple reentry until September, but I don't know if there is any risk despite this. Can anyone advise?

Thank you!

·
Registered
774 Posts
How many entries has she already done on her current ETA? I don't think it would be a major issue. I have seen others post on here who did this without an issue. You've already applied for the 820, so it's obvious you're doing things correctly. I left and came back 2 times on my ETA without an issue. The third time I came back, I was allowed entry, but was told that I wouldn't be allowed back unless I applied for the 820 or another visa. I hadn't applied at that stage. So, the fact that you have already applied would be a plus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's reassuring. She's done only one on the ETA at this point. I suppose I am worried they would take the fact that she's applied for the 820 as a negative for some reason because you may then appear very clearly to be planning to stay long term after entering on the ETA. If that order of events is explicitly allowed though then it may be a non-issue and I'm just overthinking.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I was honest every time I went through customs. They knew that I was planning on submitting a permanent visa application. Yea, I think you're just overthinking it. Plus, if she's only had one entry, it shouldn't be an issue at all. I'm not an expert, but as I stated before, I've seen others post about this very thing and from what I recall, there wasn't ever an issue. I overthink things all the time, so I can relate. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.