Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know, as i have read so much on previous threads, that I have now applied for the onshore partner visa from nsw! I just wanted to share my experience as I have gained so much knowledge and help from this site and wanted to share my experience too in the hope I help others.
I applied via my iPad. Filled in all the questions online and paid. Within 2 minutes of pressing the submit button and paying, I got emailed my bridging visa A which gives full working and study rights once my current 3months Evisitor visa runs out (not the total year that the Evisitor visa is valid) . I'm now waiting for the document list to appear in my immi account so I can start scanning into my iPad the original uncertified docs needed. Not getting them certified as I heard you can scan in originals without needing to be certified! Will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's great to hear! Congratulations and hope everything will go well for you!
So you actually paid the partner visa application and after you submitted online, you got the bridging visa straight away rather than the next day?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Can I just ask how long your evisitor visa is for? Is it a three month one? I'm on a 12 month one and have been told I have to wait until the end of the twelve months before my bridging visa can be used.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Can I just ask how long your evisitor visa is for? Is it a three month one? I'm on a 12 month one and have been told I have to wait until the end of the twelve months before my bridging visa can be used.
If it's a multiple-entry one (every three months) the bridging visa kicks in after the three months where you'd normally have to leave the country.
So technically mine was also for a maximum of a year but I'd have to leave and re-enter every three months.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ah yeah that's different from mine, gutted I have having a bridging visa sat there knowing I can't use it! I need to work already lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's a multiple-entry one (every three months) the bridging visa kicks in after the three months where you'd normally have to leave the country.
So technically mine was also for a maximum of a year but I'd have to leave and re-enter every three months.
Yes mine is is valid for a year, which you can enter Australia multiple times but only 3 months at a time. So my bridging visa kicks in at the end of the current 3 months

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's great to hear! Congratulations and hope everything will go well for you!
So you actually paid the partner visa application and after you submitted online, you got the bridging visa straight away rather than the next day?
Thanks, Yes filled in form online for myself,paid, pressed submit and got bridging visa within 2mins, via email after pressing submit.

Partner has now logged into my immi account and completed his online form.
Now time to start uploading docs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah yeah that's different from mine, gutted I have having a bridging visa sat there knowing I can't use it! I need to work already lol
I totally understand and have experienced the same with many job offers but unable to accept them. :(
I have heard though , that you can request to work via a financial hardship form but not sure. That might have been through a bridging visa change form.

I'm no expert and have read ALOT in this site so may have got mixed up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Deewood, I'm on an evisitor at the moment and we are planning to apply in early October. Hearing that you got granted the bridging visa immediately just made my day!
Can you tell me a few details about the health check? Have you done it yet? Wondering what to do about booking an appointment. TIA

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Deewood, I'm on an evisitor at the moment and we are planning to apply in early October. Hearing that you got granted the bridging visa immediately just made my day!
Can you tell me a few details about the health check? Have you done it yet? Wondering what to do about booking an appointment. TIA
Yes I was so pleased when got the bridging visa too and could finally work, its such a relief.
I have not done the health check yet as I heard it is only valid for a year (didn't want it to run out while waiting) and they usually ask you to do it when the process has passed through the first stage (your application and evidence).
I will update here though when I do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.