Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online PMV vs. In Person Lodgment

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  curious110 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I think that if I go in person and lodg the form, in case if something is missing or needs improvement, the case officer will o through it quickly and let me know. However on ther other hand, with online, I'm against a machine!!! so if miss something or something needs improvement I dont get 2nd chance and based on that the application might get refused!

what are your thoughts on thats?
could you please a generic list of advantages and disadvantages for each method for PMV process, please?

tahsnk heaps

#2 ·
It depends where you are lodging. Some embassies like the Philippines do not allow lodgement in person.

Also when you lodge the people accepting the applications are generally counter staff not case officers. The onus on you to supply enough evidence, they are most likely not going to tell you if you have enough evidence or not, afterall it is their job to collect revenue for the Australian government. When the case officer is assigned they will tell you if you need anything apart from the medicals ie. police checks, single certificate.

It is very rare for case officers to tell applicants that they need more evidence. We have seen a few people this has happened to on this board, but generally people that we see that get rejected are not told that they require more evidence.

#3 ·
Therefore you do suggest submitting online? (yes I havechecked with the embassy, they do accpet online) I guess in my point of view online, you can track it and might be quicker in terms of processing due to its paperless nature and I doubt they would really print every single document in their end!

#4 ·
All embassies accept online applications not all accept paper applications in person (you would need to courier it if they don't). Only you can decide what you want to do.

I don't imagine submitting online will be any faster than paper as they should still be processing them in order of date received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.