Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As stated in previous posts my partner and I applied onshore for the 820 partner visa in March 2017.

Front loaded application with all required evidence (Well I hope it is enough evidence). Haven't heard anything at all since BVA was granted the same day as lodged.

Question is: Has anyone ever called immigration and asked if it was possible to see where the application is in queue? Would it seem rude to ask that? I just want to know if it is close to being opened yet.

I am so stressed and always thinking about the visa and even dream of it! I love my partner and don't want to continue to think of the what ifs if we didn't supply enough evidence or since we done it ourselves wondering if prepared in the way immigration would like it. Knowing if it was soon to be assessed would help a small amount.

Some things we included
was:

- mail addressed to us both seperatley at the 3 addresses we have lived in together, plus to the both of us
-travel documents when we visited each other
-some separate and joint bank statements
-personal statements
- 2x 888 forms
-photos of us together
-facebook call log and chat when time apart which was about 6 weeks
- flower receipt I sent my partner
- theme park membership cards for my us and my children (to a previous relationship)
-Letter my child wrote for my partner about loving her
-photos of when family visited
-police checks/medical
- the bank statements show that we both contribute financially to the relationship since no utilities in joint names so showed that it's paid from one account
-movie tickets
-a love note I wrote to my partner
-screenshots of outings together from facebook status that we made
- posts from family members that tagged us on Facebook in same post regarding my children
-christmas cards to us
-birthday cards to each other
-proof of gifts to each other

I guess I'm venting more than asking for advice and just nervous.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Calling won't make a difference. The people who answer won't be your CO and they won't give you any information other than the application is in queue. There's really no point in doing anything except waiting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that's what they would say but in regards to saying about only been 12 months, I have seen other people processed and approved that lodged after my date. It says on their website that it's processed in which the applications are received.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Calling won't make a difference. The people who answer won't be your CO and they won't give you any information other than the application is in queue. There's really no point in doing anything except waiting.
Okay, yes that's what I thought. I really just hope it's enough evidence I forgot we also added registered relationship certificate too. Not that it matters much as we have loved together 35 months before lodgment.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I thought that's what they would say but in regards to saying about only been 12 months, I have seen other people processed and approved that lodged after my date. It says on their website that it's processed in which the applications are received.
And it also says that processing times vary depending on a lot of different factors.

"We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:

-whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
-how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information
-how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
-how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
-for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration programme"

So it is not uncommon at all for people that applied after someone else to get grants before them. It can also depend on where applications are processed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I did read that part too but thought since it was front loaded that wouldnt apply. I appreciate the clarification and thank you for your replies.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It's not just about front-loading applications. Companies running the background checks on you or the sponsor could be backlogged or delayed, they may need to seek additional information (I have heard of neighbors having doors knocked on to ask about applicants, or calls made to neighbors, witnesses, employers, etc) and maybe there's someone who focuses on that and there's a queue for those applications. You also don't know where your app is being processed and some places have longer queues than others. It could be anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.