Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members, it will be highly appreciable if you can help me reagarding my mum's longer visit visa.
My mum is in Australia for 3 months (first time). she doesnt have "no further stay" condition on her visa. it means she can apply for any visa while she is in Australia. we are applying for parent visa but she is not pension age yet. it means she can't get bridging visa. we want to apply for a visa in which she doesnt have to leave country until parent visa decides (usually 3 -3.5 years). Am i just dreaming or is it possible? please help.

Alternatively, I am thinking to apply for multiple entry long stay tourist visa where she can stay upto 12 months in 18 months. is it possible to get one while she is onshore. can we request for 3 years visa while she is in Australia. has anyone been successful in getting a visa while onshore.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Dear Members, it will be highly appreciable if you can help me reagarding my mum's longer visit visa.
My mum is in Australia for 3 months (first time). she doesnt have "no further stay" condition on her visa. it means she can apply for any visa while she is in Australia. we are applying for parent visa but she is not pension age yet. it means she can't get bridging visa. we want to apply for a visa in which she doesnt have to leave country until parent visa decides (usually 3 -3.5 years). Am i just dreaming or is it possible? please help.

Alternatively, I am thinking to apply for multiple entry long stay tourist visa where she can stay upto 12 months in 18 months. is it possible to get one while she is onshore. can we request for 3 years visa while she is in Australia. has anyone been successful in getting a visa while onshore.
If your mother is not eligible for one of the aged parent visas, temporary visitor visas are the only realistic option in most cases. Once the parent visa has been lodged, it should be relatively easy to obtain a 3 year tourist visa, keeping in mind the limit on the total time she can actually spend in Australia on tourist visa(s).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.