Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Me and my partner met 2 years and a bit early 2016. We spent about more than a month traveling in our country. At that same year, We decided to apply a tourist visa for me for his birthday Sept. 2016. I got a result in a week and flew to WA. O stayed there just nearly 3 months. But when I come back home, we traveled together again with another australian friend.

After 2 months. March 2017, his australian friend will get married to Bali, and we applied for tourist visa again. The plan is to go back to australia with him after the wedding. Everything went smooth as I got the result just after 2 days. I stayed there for 2 months and back home alone.

He came and visit me for a week just a month when i left. as he has demanding work so its only short visit. Then we thought of applying again for his upcoming birthday. I was granted 3 months single entry visa same as 2 previous tourist visa. But the third time was harder for me as i've been interviewed in immigration. They did checking and questioning about my reason to be in australia. It took a while but they did not put in in a room where suspicious traveler have to write some kind of statement. My partner that time was in arrival area and getting frustrated. After the long interrogation, they let me through. And I stayed in Australia for almost 3 months. We travelled together back to my country to spend christmas and new year.

After 3 successful trip to Australia, I felt bit flat from the last experience. So I have thought being offshore for a while. Me and my partner had so many arguments as he is accusing me of not wanting to come back anymore. So we decided to apply again March 2017. But this time, we overlooked the requirements and did not have much fund to our accounts. I got denied with that reason.

That makes me more anxious to try again. And it only made more misunderstanding for both of us, part of being apart. Even then, we still make way to meet half way to Bali for a week or two as that is the easiest for both of us.

We met in Bali right after I got refused. And last July 2017. And we decided to seek help of a migration agent. Since I am the one in charge of documents to provide, we choose a migration agent base offshore. I was a bit of skeptic as I am thinking it should be better if they are based in Australia. But fortunately, giving them the same requirements we used before. And a bit more extra paper work, which I never thought will be needed like previous visa stamps and stayed overseas, invitation of his mother and friends that is very close to us. It makes a big difference. As we got visa grant for me again with multi entry visa.

Doing those application takes too much time, money and effort, plus the pressure of being apart. And we are not very good handling it. So now we are thinking if we should apply for partner visa. If so, which would be the best way.

Any suggestions and input would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Use a mare registered migration agent, by the looks of the above you will have a hard time doing it alone.

Onshore or offshore is really a question of what suits you best and are you eligible to apply onshore with a valid visa...

I wouldn't tell immigration about your arguments...

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy?
All the registered migration agents who post on this forum are reliable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy?
All the registered migration agents who post on this forum are reliable.
We are currently connected to migration agent and I asked them about the "Do's and Don't" in worst case scenario. It is confusing as when I asked if we should not say we will lodge onshore, he said that it doesn't matter if we say we will.

But thanks for that as I would sure like to hear other migration agent's advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use a mare registered migration agent, by the looks of the above you will have a hard time doing it alone.

Onshore or offshore is really a question of what suits you best and are you eligible to apply onshore with a valid visa...

I wouldn't tell immigration about your arguments...
That confused me so much. Cuz I asked our migration agent in case we got hold for questioning again, If we should not tell anything about it. And their answer is there would be no problem in case we say our plans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.