Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've finally prepared and lodged my wife's partner visa application yesterday (24/06/2018) and have a couple of questions:-

1. On my wife's applications summary page, I see:

Actions required
  • Arrange health examinations
Do we need to arrange health examinations for my wife ASAP?

I thought we only had to do this if asked to by a case officer - pls correct me if I am wrong.

2. Roughly, when can we expect a case officer to look at my wife's onshore partner visa application? Not all documents have been uploaded. We are still waiting on an 888 stat dec from a friend; only 1 is uploaded for now.

3. Are sponsors required to complete both the online (Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801) and paper 40SP form?

4. Do sponsors need to complete the Form 80?

5. My wife and I are currently living in a sharehouse together - we pay rent via EFT every fortnight to the main tenant and he pays the electricity, water and rent from his own account; he provides us with rent receipts and we have a letter from him confirming we are living together. Is this sufficient to establish we are living together as a married couple?

6. For the applicant, is Form 54 and Form 1221 compulsory to lodge?

7. I'm currently in the middle of getting a will drafted and executed for my wife. Would it be good if she got one drafted for me too?

8. Do we need to separately make an application for my wife for a Bridging Visa A (BVA - to seek permission to work)? From what I understood, lodging the Form 820 means we have lodged for a BVA. However, I see a link that says 'apply for a bridging visa' in the Bridging Visa information section on my wife's account.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Peter

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

I thought we only had to do this if asked to by a case officer - pls correct me if I am wrong.
You dont need to arrange them until a case officer requests you to undergo the exam. You can however do the health exam without being asked. Be careful with this as it is only valid for one year. Should your application take longer than a year, you could end up doing it again and paying for it again. The same applies with the police check.

2. Roughly, when can we expect a case officer to look at my wife's onshore partner visa application?
There is no real answer for this, or even a rough answer. It could be two weeks, it could be a month or it could be 8 months.

Not all documents have been uploaded. We are still waiting on an 888 stat dec from a friend; only 1 is uploaded for now.
I'm not sure why you (or anyone for that matter) would pay $7,000 to only be able to upload some of the required documents, especially ones as important as the 888.

In the event a case officer looks at your file sooner than later, I would focus on getting that as soon as possible.

3. Are sponsors required to complete both the online (Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801) and paper 40SP form?
No.

Not sure, but if it's a document that is required, I would.

5. My wife and I are currently living in a sharehouse together - we pay rent via EFT every fortnight to the main tenant and he pays the electricity, water and rent from his own account; he provides us with rent receipts and we have a letter from him confirming we are living together. Is this sufficient to establish we are living together as a married couple?
A letter may mean nothing. A stat doc would hold a lot more weight. If your rent money comes from a shared bank account it would be wise to highlight that in financial aspects of the relationship.

Not entirely sure.

7. I'm currently in the middle of getting a will drafted and executed for my wife. Would it be good if she got one drafted for me too?
Like the 888, this is something you should have arranged prior to lodging your application. You can still do it, I'm just not sure if it will carry any weight. You're trying to show the department you and your wife have combined all personal matters prior to lodging your application.

8. Do we need to separately make an application for my wife for a Bridging Visa A (BVA - to seek permission to work)? From what I understood, lodging the Form 820 means we have lodged for a BVA. However, I see a link that says 'apply for a bridging visa' in the Bridging Visa information section on my wife's account.
Not entirely sure, but after you made the application you would have been given a BVA. That of course could depend on which visa your wife was on prior to lodging her sc. 820.

The BVA will become active once the current stay period of her visitor visa (assuming she was on one without a no further stay condition) comes to an end.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi all,

I've finally prepared and lodged my wife's partner visa application yesterday (24/06/2018) and have a couple of questions:-

1. On my wife's applications summary page, I see:

Actions required
  • Arrange health examinations

2. Roughly, when can we expect a case officer to look at my wife's onshore partner visa application? Not all documents have been uploaded. We are still waiting on an 888 stat dec from a friend; only 1 is uploaded for now.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Peter
1. Everyone gets that notice. A true request comes via email from a CO.

2. They can look at it at any time once it's submitted and paid for. No one can answer this one.

3. No. Follow the checklist on the visa website and you'll see it only mentions the online form. No need to beat a dead horse and also upload the paper version.

4. No. Follow the website checklist.

5. Every relationship is different. If that's how yours works then that's how it works. The letter would benefit by being a stat dec or at the very least witnessed by a JP or other acceptable source.

6. I didn't.

7. Again, each relationship is different. This wouldn't make or break your application, but just be extra evidence. We didn't even have wills when we applied.

8. No. A BVA should have been automatically granted. It would have been delivered to the email provided and also in the immi account shortly after or simultaneously with the Acknowledgment of Application Received notice. What visa was she on when she applied?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your time & replies.

1. Everyone gets that notice. A true request comes via email from a CO.

2. They can look at it at any time once it's submitted and paid for. No one can answer this one.

3. No. Follow the checklist on the visa website and you'll see it only mentions the online form. No need to beat a dead horse and also upload the paper version.

4. No. Follow the website checklist.

5. Every relationship is different. If that's how yours works then that's how it works. The letter would benefit by being a stat dec or at the very least witnessed by a JP or other acceptable source.

6. I didn't.

7. Again, each relationship is different. This wouldn't make or break your application, but just be extra evidence. We didn't even have wills when we applied.

8. No. A BVA should have been automatically granted. It would have been delivered to the email provided and also in the immi account shortly after or simultaneously with the Acknowledgment of Application Received notice. What visa was she on when she applied?
8. My wife is on a student visa.

It doesn't mention anything about a BVA in the IMMI Acknowledgement of Application Received.

Any suggestions guys?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Thanks for your time & replies.

8. My wife is on a student visa.

It doesn't mention anything about a BVA in the IMMI Acknowledgement of Application Received.

Any suggestions guys?
It's not in the Acknowledgment letter, it comes soon after it. Maybe wait a couple of days. Have you checked the immi account notices to see if there's a grant there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.