Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have applied for a partner visa 820/801 with my wife. We have now waited for 13 months and we have organised a trip overseas on a Bridging Visa B (which is pending grant too).

I am suspecting that they are about to grant the visa as they have just requested additional documents but I am scared that the Department might grant the visa while I am overseas - I know that I need to be in Australia at the time of the visa grant.

I have heard from various sources that the Department will either hold off the grant or send a notification to request return to Australia if they want to grant the visa and I am overseas but I haven't found the official words on the website and/or legislation.

Can anyone shed some light on this and/or send a link to the official statement released by legislation or the Department's website?

Nick

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
They won't grant it while you're offshore. You should be uploading your itinerary to your immo account so they know that you'll be overseas. If it's a short trip, I doubt they'd ask you to come back over just waiting until you're back or granting before you leave. But they will send you an email letting you know they're ready to finalise if they can't because you're offshore.

I was the opposite. Onshore for an offshore visa. Got an email saying ready to finalise and saying to let them know when I'll be offshore so they can grant it.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Can anyone shed some light on this and/or send a link to the official statement released by legislation or the Department's website?

Nick
There is no such statement. The answer is in the migration regulations and internal policy advice.

It is quite simple, you must be in Australia for visa grant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They won't grant it while you're offshore. You should be uploading your itinerary to your immo account so they know that you'll be overseas. If it's a short trip, I doubt they'd ask you to come back over just waiting until you're back or granting before you leave. But they will send you an email letting you know they're ready to finalise if they can't because you're offshore.

I was the opposite. Onshore for an offshore visa. Got an email saying ready to finalise and saying to let them know when I'll be offshore so they can grant it.
So good to know that they wouldn't. Do you happen to know if there is anything on the Home Affairs website that refers to that particular practice?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.