Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am currently compiling evidence for my partner visa in Australia (I am from America) and my partner is Australian. We have Ben together for close to 8 years now.

My dilemma lies in the fact that we are a same sex couple and my partner’s family background is not accepting of this kind of lifestyle. She comes from a strict religious background and this is just not acceptable for them. They do not know about the nature of our relationship because of this. We are worried this will affect us in the social aspect of this visa. Can anyone please advise on what we can do?

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am currently compiling evidence for my partner visa in Australia (I am from America) and my partner is Australian. We have Ben together for close to 8 years now.

My dilemma lies in the fact that we are a same sex couple and my partner’s family background is not accepting of this kind of lifestyle. She comes from a strict religious background and this is just not acceptable for them. They do not know about the nature of our relationship because of this. We are worried this will affect us in the social aspect of this visa. Can anyone please advise on what we can do?
Just explain it.

We did nothing with my wifes family for the visa. I explained I had little contact with them.

Yours may not be an unusual situation.

Reactions: FreddoBee
1 - 2 of 2 Posts