Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am hoping that someone can help me on my case. i just lodged my partner visa application 820 (onshore & on-line). i just want to ask some questions regarding on my visa grant notice.

About your bridging visa
This bridging visa is not in effect because your Visitor visa is currently in effect.
If your Visitor visa is cancelled, you should contact the department immediately. Your
Bridging visa may not come into effect and will not allow you to remain lawfully in Australia.
This bridging visa allows you to remain lawfully in Australia until 28 calendar days after you
are notified of a decision on your application for a Partner (Temporary) (class UK) Partner
(subclass 820) visa.
If your Partner (Temporary) (class UK) Partner (subclass 820) visa application is refused
and you apply for merits review of that decision within the required timeframe, this bridging
visa will allow you to remain in Australia until 28 calendar days after you are notified of the
review outcome by the merit review tribunal.

and my question is :

1.my tourist visa will expires on the 16 april 2018 and is that mean i can stay in australia and dont have to go back to my country?

2. am i eligible to have a medicare and tfn ? when can i apply for it?

3.so after i paid my application i already attach all my documents and then the next morning i check on my immi account they got me the category for the documents that i need to attach but i already attach it before the category is there so is that ok or do i have to attch my documents again ?

thanks,

nova :)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
and my question is :

1.my tourist visa will expires on the 16 april 2018 and is that mean i can stay in australia and dont have to go back to my country?

** Correct you can stay in Australia (Does your current Visitor Visa have a stay period of 3 months?)

2. am i eligible to have a medicare and tfn ? when can i apply for it?

** Yes you can apply for Medicare as soon as you applied for the Partner Visa and got that email notice acknowledging the 820 application. (so you can apply now)

3.so after i paid my application i already attach all my documents and then the next morning i check on my immi account they got me the category for the documents that i need to attach but i already attach it before the category is there so is that ok or do i have to attch my documents again ?

** ?? is this where they have a category and recommended next to it?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Yes, you can stay. Bear in mind that if you are currently on a tourist visa with no work rights, you cannot work until the BVA goes into effect, which will be when your current stay period expires. I'd be hesitant to get a TFN and start finding work until you know for sure you are on the BVA and not still on the tourist visa. You do not want to violate the conditions of your tourist visa and get that cancelled, subsequently getting your BVA cancelled as well.

You are eligible to apply for Medicare now. Find details on their website.

Don't worry about it. If you've already attached documents, do not attach them again multiple times. This is a big no-no in an application. It doesn't matter if it's under a relevant category or not, only upload it once.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, you can stay. Bear in mind that if you are currently on a tourist visa with no work rights, you cannot work until the BVA goes into effect, which will be when your current stay period expires. I'd be hesitant to get a TFN and start finding work until you know for sure you are on the BVA and not still on the tourist visa. You do not want to violate the conditions of your tourist visa and get that cancelled, subsequently getting your BVA cancelled as well.

You are eligible to apply for Medicare now. Find details on their website.

Don't worry about it. If you've already attached documents, do not attach them again multiple times. This is a big no-no in an application. It doesn't matter if it's under a relevant category or not, only upload it once.
OH MY!. Sky i started applying for at least 3 jobs a couple of days ago even if my BVA will effect next month. I called immigration to ask if it is okay to start looking for job and the person on the other line said yes as long as not gonna start until BVA will effect.

I hope it wont be a problem. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I would expect that while looking for work on a Visitor Visa is a breach, I would assume as long as you only start after the BVA kicks in that immi would not be interested in the breach.

You certainly are not allowed to work on a Visitor Visa, but looking for work is not a activity a Visitor Visa is granted for. Is why I made the above comment.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
On top of that, employers don't usually hire you and then check your visa status and work rights. Many places ask for your visa info when you apply and you are on a visa with no work rights so you wouldn't even be eligible for the job in the first place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.