Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am an international student from South Asia currently pursuing a PhD in Australia (visa subclass 500). I have been living in Australia alone while my wife continues working in Europe. However, she recently came to Australia to visit me on a tourist visa (subclass 600). She was granted a tourist visa of 1 year with no more than 3 months of stay allowed at once.
We are planning to apply for the student dependent visa while she is still in Australia. We will lodge the application and then she will fly back to Europe. While the visa is being processed she will continue with her current job and will join me on a dependent visa if and when the dependent visa is granted.

Are we allowed to lodge a student dependent visa while she is in Australia on a tourist visa? All the information about student dependent visa application on the immigration website is about lodging student dependent visa overseas and there is little to nothing about making an application onshore in a case like ours. So, can anyone help with this? Plus, do we still need to fill up 157A application for a student visa if we are allowed to lodge the application?

Thanks in advance :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.