Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm currently under 485 (post-study) visa. I am applying student visa for Master program. There is one condition for student visa that I am unsure. The condition states that student is not allowed to work before course start.

I have worked over a year and I have few weeks of unused annual leave, during that time can I take annual leave and still receive salary, and still not bend the condition? Or I have to complete stop working and not receive any salary at all until my course start?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I was just wondering if you have your student visa granted?
Did you managed to get your working rights before course commences?
I am in the same situation and had to stop working abruptly which is unfair for my employer. May I know how did you resolve your situation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Onshore Student Visa Working Conditions

Hi,

I applied for a student visa to continue my post graduate studies just before my 485 visa expires in March 2018. I was granted with a Bridging Visa A with no conditions attached. This meant that I could continue working with my company.

However, my student visa was granted on 17th April and it had the work limitation condition 8105 attached to it. This meant that I am unable to work before my course commences. My course would only commence in July 2018. Is there a way for me to gain my working rights or to stay on my bridging visa until at least the course commences?

It is currently unfair that I had to leave the company immediately without providing any notice when I had confirmed to shifts given to me for a month in advance. Please let me know what can be done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
PhD Student work condition

Hi,

I am a PhD student in Queensland. I was wondering can I work full-time for unlimited hours? I am a PhD student and I haven't submitted my thesis.

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.