Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the blue we received a "more information" request for my wife's Stage 2. Actually I had completely forgotten about it, and now I have about 1 1/2 weeks remaining to submit about five items including the dreaded "evidence."

Any suggestions what I should do? How I should approach this?

The other items I should be able to handle but putting together evidence is going to be a bit of a challenge at this stage. Basically we have been building a business together for the last 2 1/2 years, and that's been our entire life.

We haven't travelled much together, and I lost my phone a couple of months ago which may have had a few pictures in it. I don't think my wife has even used her bank account since I set it up. No kids, no house lol.

Should I be contacting the case officer and explaining? Asking for an extension?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Out of the blue we received a "more information" request for my wife's Stage 2. Actually I had completely forgotten about it, and now I have about 1 1/2 weeks remaining to submit about five items including the dreaded "evidence."

Any suggestions what I should do? How I should approach this?

The other items I should be able to handle but putting together evidence is going to be a bit of a challenge at this stage. Basically we have been building a business together for the last 2 1/2 years, and that's been our entire life.

We haven't travelled much together, and I lost my phone a couple of months ago which may have had a few pictures in it. I don't think my wife has even used her bank account since I set it up. No kids, no house lol.

Should I be contacting the case officer and explaining? Asking for an extension?
Building a business together is great evidence.

Provide whatever you have now, explain the circumstances, make a list of what additional evidence you intend to provide and ask for an extension within the deadline.

Reactions: letsgetmarried

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Nick! Will get onto it ASAP

When was your eligibility date for second stage?
I still don't know. I know I submitted some of the simple documents about two years ago just after we arrived.

I'm wondering now whether I accidentally clicked the Submit button at that stage, and so maybe I never received the eligibility notification.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I still don't know. I know I submitted some of the simple documents about two years ago just after we arrived.

I'm wondering now whether I accidentally clicked the Submit button at that stage, and so maybe I never received the eligibility notification.
The eligibility date is 2 years from when you submitted the original partner visa application.

Immigration ceased sending out the eligibility email since about July 2017.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Yeah, if you applied for your 309 in June 14, you were eligible to submit documents for your 100 (PR) in June 16. I'm not surprised they've contacted you and given you a short turnaround time given you're a year and a half past your eligiblity. Eek. Hang in there! Give them what you can quickly and let them know what else you can provide as CCMS said.

You don't need a shared bank account - show how you spend money together. Like transferring money to each other, one of you getting paid and the other one having a card for the account and spending it, etc. If you have a business together you should be able to show finance-sharing for sure I would think. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.