Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello

I could really use some help. I uncovered an organised immigration scam, but don't seem to be able to do anything about it.

I have found out that XXXXXXXXXXXX is running a serious immigration scam.
They process about 300 foreign students annually. It appears to also involve numerous immigration agents with whom the college works.
Basically, students buy a certificate, no need to attend class or achieve passing grades, the school helps them work illegally while on student visas and promises PRs to the students.
Many students cannot pass the IELTS, the school provides surrogates who impersonate the students and pass the test for them (at a hefty fee of course). This was told directly to me by XXXXXXXXX.He was very proud of how well it worked.
Any students that actually wish to learn are subjected to unsafe conditions and appalling quality materials.
The Sydney campus runs business admin courses, but does not have a single working computer and students are not allowed access to printer or copier!!????
Several lecturers teach using fake accreditation certificates created at the request of the college directors by XXXXXXXXXXXX. XXXXXXXXXXX has admitted this to me. I even have a copy of a certificate he created at the request of XXXXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXXXXXXXX this past July.
I have loads of evidence, photos, documents, communications from directors, audio recordings, but no one seems willing to help. The police officers that I have talked to told me it is not their job to look into this.
I filled a form on the Border Watch site but have never heard anything back.

Anybody with an helpful info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello again Nick

Would it be acceptable if I were to contact you on the phone number showing in your signature?

This is all well out of my field, so any knowledgeable opinions would be helpful.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hello again Nick

Would it be acceptable if I were to contact you on the phone number showing in your signature?

This is all well out of my field, so any knowledgeable opinions would be helpful.

Thank you
It is not something I want to get involved in. I simply don't have the time and it is outside my area of expertise.

You are making serious allegations and if they are true, I very much would like you to pursue it. Maybe the education bodies I provided the details of can point you in the right direction

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello

I could really use some help. I uncovered an organised immigration scam, but don't seem to be able to do anything about it.

I have found out that XXXXXXXXXXXXis running a serious immigration scam.
They process about 300 foreign students annually. It appears to also involve numerous immigration agents with whom the college works.
Basically, students buy a certificate, no need to attend class or achieve passing grades, the school helps them work illegally while on student visas and promises PRs to the students.
Many students cannot pass the IELTS, the school provides surrogates who impersonate the students and pass the test for them (at a hefty fee of course). This was told directly to me by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.He was very proud of how well it worked.
Any students that actually wish to learn are subjected to unsafe conditions and appalling quality materials.
The Sydney campus runs business admin courses, but does not have a single working computer and students are not allowed access to printer or copier!!????
Several lecturers teach using fake accreditation certificates created at the request of the college directors by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. XXXXXXXXXXX has admitted this to me. I even have a copy of a certificate he created at the request of XXXXXXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX this past July.
I have loads of evidence, photos, documents, communications from directors, audio recordings, but no one seems willing to help. The police officers that I have talked to told me it is not their job to look into this.
I filled a form on the Border Watch site but have never heard anything back.

Anybody with an helpful info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
This info could earn u few thousands of dollars if its credible. Current affair program will be a better program u get paid and have the immigration act into it...

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
You are making serious allegations and if they are true, I very much would like you to pursue it.
And as they're serious but unproven allegations, we don't allow naming & shaming.

By all means pursue it and report them though so Immigration can investigate.

Reactions: CCMS

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
And as they're serious but unproven allegations, we don't allow naming & shaming.

By all means pursue it and report them though so Immigration can investigate.
I was a bit concerned about that, as they could sue for defamation.

·
Registered
91 Posts
honestly this is pretty widespread. Because I've been exposed to the immigrant community for several years, i've seen and heard about a lot of fraud.

I haven't heard about a college quite this bad but seen some pretty dodgy colleges which basically just run off immigrants. I also have heard a lot about 'contract marriages'. I even saw a facebook page where people look for marriage partners for immigration purposes. Everyone described things like IELTS scores. but some posts said 'looking for real marriage' which means not all are looking for the same... Would have reported it to immigration but didn't think about it at the time and now I forget the page.

I have also seen a lot of foreign-owned businesses exploiting migrants, illegal workers and students. They pay them like $5 an hour under the table in exchange to work illegally. I reported one business doing this because I literally saw one worker physically attack a female worker. Disgraceful! Not sure if they did anything about it.

There is also business owners offering 'sponsor' jobs for like 20-50k. They also then don't meet the legal requirements in terms of salary, etc. One of my friends got one such offer when she was looking for a sponsor job.That guy was also married and making sexual advances towards her.

I am surprised how much is overlooked by the government but I think LNP cracks down a lot more in recent years. One problem is that often the victims are international migrants and there are so many victims, the government just doesn't care, nor has the current mechanisms in place to crack down. If the government changes laws and becomes more stringent, people always find a way through the loophole and genuine migrants also suffer due to ridiculous procedures and exorbitant fees.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.