Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a silly question really, but Are you guys planning on handing in the forms,(the 40SP and the other one) and put them in the folder where you have all your other papers, or have them separately?

To the folder, I have made a cover letter, a table of content and then i have the checklist and about 7 different sections where i have all my evidence and documets needed for the application. wondering if i should put the forms in this folder or leave it out and hand it in separately.

i dont think it really matters, but i want to do everything right!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
a silly question really, but Are you guys planning on handing in the forms,(the 40SP and the other one) and put them in the folder where you have all your other papers, or have them separately?

To the folder, I have made a cover letter, a table of content and then i have the checklist and about 7 different sections where i have all my evidence and documets needed for the application. wondering if i should put the forms in this folder or leave it out and hand it in separately.

i dont think it really matters, but i want to do everything right!
I would not be handing in anything separately for that is just a great way to lead to something getting misplaced.

Why not have all your main documents, the Checklist, forms and certified certificates and statements together, punch a hole in the corner and use one of those butterfly type clips - the type with a flat head and a little washer that the two legs go through and then you spread them.
Your cover letter and all ancillary stuff could be behind in a plastic pocket, also with a hole and with one of those style of clips, you could have it all together and no need for a folder.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi,

I think you need to read the sticky about this:

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/7166-partner-visa-best-way-present-application.html

DIAC will just take everything out of the folder and plastic slips you have used to file things in their own way. Also, I have read that they find folders and the like annoying.

A cover letter is needed, especially if you are requesting a waiver for some requirements, or if some information is not available at the time of lodgement. Also, if you plan to travel during processing of the visa, this should go in the cover letter too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.