Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Applied for the 820/801 partner visa onshore and organizing all my photos and evidence for the social and commitment aspect of our relationship.

I am creating a Word document with photos and screenshots of facebook posts and putting them in chronological order. Thoughts?

Should I separate photos and screenshots or having them all together is OK?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I put all our photos in one pdf. Certainly better than wasting upload space doing it individually.

Immigration agrees: "If you are required to provide photographs (for instance, as evidence of a relationship) consider printing and scanning several photographs into one file or pasting individual photos into a document then attaching the document."

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, I always get clients to include a Facebook friendship history (in addition to other photos). If your photos on Facebook have comments and likes from people, then this indicates that your relationship is 'public' - ie people know about it. The Facebook history can also show that you have mutual friends and that you have 'checked in' to places together etc.

In terms of placing photos into a word document, make sure you put the date of each photo, a description of who is in the photo and what the occasion was. For example, if you post a photo of you with your in-laws, the case officer won't know that they are your in-laws unless you tell them!

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Migration Appeals

e: [email protected]
w: Home | Migration Appeals

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes, I always get clients to include a Facebook friendship history (in addition to other photos). If your photos on Facebook have comments and likes from people, then this indicates that your relationship is 'public' - ie people know about it. The Facebook history can also show that you have mutual friends and that you have 'checked in' to places together etc.

In terms of placing photos into a word document, make sure you put the date of each photo, a description of who is in the photo and what the occasion was. For example, if you post a photo of you with your in-laws, the case officer won't know that they are your in-laws unless you tell them!

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Migration Appeals

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.
Hi Lisa,

This information is very helpful. Thank you so much :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
No worries! As you do the application always think of it from a "critic's" point of view. Ie put yourself in the shoes of a case officer who is trying to determine whether your relationship has been fabricated. I know this sounds 'harsh' as you know your relationship is real, but with the $7,000 application fee you want to make sure the application is water-tight.

Best of luck!

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Migration Appeals

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.