Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I would appreciate if someone could share their experience concerning OSHC. I am going to apply for Postgraduate Research Visa, Subclass 574 and my de facto partner in the visa.

My questions are:

- The University suggests me that they can arrange OSHC for me? Did you have such an experience? Do you know if it is better to apply by yourself or via the university? It roughly costs 250 AUD more when booked through university.

- Can I apply as a single for OSHC and my de facto partner as single too, because it looks that OSHC for couples is almost 6 times more expensive.
On the border.gov hompage it says:
"If you have a child born after your arrival in Australia, and you only have a single OSHC policy you must change that to a family policy. If family members join you after your arrival in Australia they will have to demonstrate that they have an OSHC policy for the duration of their visas."

It does not say that you need to be on a couple visa. So what is right?

Cheers
Dario

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
My experience as an agent for several OSHC companies is that the cost of taking out OSHC through an agent or an educational institution is the same as taking it out yourself.There are many different policies and different levels of cover, which may explain the price difference you encountered.

I think you should check with the OSHC providers which policy is right for your circumstances. I'd say that if you are in a de-facto relationship you require a family policy. If you claim to be single you would be providing the insurer with incorrect information, which could result in claims being rejected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
Did you find an answer to your question?? It is crazy that we would be forced to get a couples visa and pay 6 times more!! :mad:
Please answer :))))

Phoebe

Hi all,

I would appreciate if someone could share their experience concerning OSHC. I am going to apply for Postgraduate Research Visa, Subclass 574 and my de facto partner in the visa.

My questions are:

- The University suggests me that they can arrange OSHC for me? Did you have such an experience? Do you know if it is better to apply by yourself or via the university? It roughly costs 250 AUD more when booked through university.

- Can I apply as a single for OSHC and my de facto partner as single too, because it looks that OSHC for couples is almost 6 times more expensive.
"If you have a child born after your arrival in Australia, and you only have a single OSHC policy you must change that to a family policy. If family members join you after your arrival in Australia they will have to demonstrate that they have an OSHC policy for the duration of their visas."

Cheers
Dario

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all,

My questions are:

Cheers
Dario
It doesn't matter if you apply for OSHC from your institution.
I personally did my OSHC.

I'm also confused about the student dependent's OSHC whether or not Single OSHC would work or not. I'm getting mixed opinions here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.