Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need urgent help and advice related to one mistake that I made in the 309 application.

I was using my first name Nishant everywhere and even on my passport. Now, I added my surname Kumar to it and full name is NISHANT KUMAR now. But in my application I said No in the section where I was asked if I am known by any other name or previously known by any other name.

In my previous Visa application(my PR), I have mentioned Nishant as my other name; name without surname.

Q1. So, what should I do now. Do I need to submit Incorrect Information form in my online application?
Q2. Does this silly mistake impact us in anyway?
Q3. Do we lose our credibility of providing information to Immi Department this way?
Q4. If we do fill Incorrect Form then should I choose, we both(Applicant, Sponsor) for this question:

Select the applicant(s) to which the incorrect information relates.

What should we fill, I have added some details that I am thinking of proving. Your valuable suggestions are needed?

Give details of the incorrect information
Answer: Other name of Sponsor(Nishant) was left blank.

Give details of the correct information
Answer: NISHANT added his surname (KUMAR) to his passport and now it is NISHANT KUMAR with added surname.

Reason why incorrect information was provided
Answer: Assuming NISHANT name is same and does not need to be considered as other name. Thinking this, we submitted application but realised that we should have mentioned it anyway as other name. Its just added information.

So, we are kindly informing Immigration Department about this.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Use the "Update Us" facility in your ImmiAccount (Form 1023) to correct the information. You will need one entry per change if you entered your name incorrectly more than once.

If you name is considered incorrect then the department will refuse your visa AND you might have a 10-year bar on being granted another visa.

You do not lose credibility with the department if you correct information. It happens a lot.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Is it 10 years ban Jeremy? thought recently a RMA said it did not pass or was changed back to 3 years.

Personally I think at times a 10 years ban would bring in a bit more honesty from some applicants - but only some.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Is it 10 years ban Jeremy? thought recently a RMA said it did not pass or was changed back to 3 years.

Personally I think at times a 10 years ban would bring in a bit more honesty from some applicants - but only some.
With PIC 4020, it has always been 10 years where identity is concerned.

Then there is this:

Single Identity Condition 8304

A new visa condition 8304 has been created which requires temporary visa holders to:

Use a single identity when dealing with Australian State, Territory and Federal Governments; and
If the visa holder changes name, to notify the relevant Australian government agencies they deal with as soon as practicable and ensure that the change is given effect

Reactions: ampk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use the "Update Us" facility in your ImmiAccount (Form 1023) to correct the information. You will need one entry per change if you entered your name incorrectly more than once.

If you name is considered incorrect then the department will refuse your visa AND you might have a 10-year bar on being granted another visa.

You do not lose credibility with the department if you correct information. It happens a lot.
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

FYI, I did not enter my name incorrectly. I just did not mention other name. If I made this change, then still implications are probable? or If I mention this change, then all should be good.

Please suggest me all possible things. I am planning to correct this answer tomorrow.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.