Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied for my partner visa in June 2017 from India. There is dead silence in my immi account whereas my husband got a mail to resend a form which was one and acknowledged. After applying for my partner visa, I flew to my husband who is a PR. Few days back, I got a mail from the Australian embassy, New Delhi that my visa is ready for finalisation and I should depart Australia. Have anyone came across such a situation? To add again, my Immi shows dead silence and the visa status is received. No news of assigning a CO.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have applied for my partner visa in June 2017 from India. There is dead silence in my immi account whereas my husband got a mail to resend a form which was one and acknowledged. After applying for my partner visa, I flew to my husband who is a PR. Few days back, I got a mail from the Australian embassy, New Delhi that my visa is ready for finalisation and I should depart Australia. Have anyone came across such a situation? To add again, my Immi shows dead silence and the visa status is received. No news of assigning a CO.
If you read through some older posts you will note comments by those that have experienced it first hand...
At times no CO
At times no change in status
Right from our local AHC - they don't always update from Received/Submitted

Sounds promising what you have heard though.
GL with next steps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you read through some older posts you will note comments by those that have experienced it first hand...
At times no CO
At times no change in status
Right from our local AHC - they don't always update from Received/Submitted

Sounds promising what you have heard though.
GL with next steps!
Thanks for your reply. I received my Visa.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Since you asked the question at 4pm and at 11pm updated to say you received your visa, I assume you were outside Australia yesterday when you posted your original question?

A couple of years back there were a few people who were incorrectly issued their visas while they were in Australia. Since it's not possible to be granted the 309 while you're in Australia, the government had to retract the visas and wait until the applicants left, then they re-issued the visas properly. I've not heard or seen of this error happening since and they were all from the same (Philippines I think) embassy so I expect it was a fairly unique error.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.