Australia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Experts,

I was granted PR in August 2015 and I entered Australia for the first time in mid April 2016. I got a letter from the Home Affair for an Overseas Police Clearance but they didn’t specify which country to bring from , they just mentioned that based from their records I have spent more than 365 days outside Australia since I was granted the visa in August 2015.

I am going to list the countries and the period I went to and I need your help to tell me which one of them needed a police clearance.

(forgot to add this period in my citizenship application) 258 days From 5 August 2015 until 19 April 2016 – living in Dubai

The below info were added in my citizenship application

67 days From 22 May 2016 - 27 Jul 2016- living in Egypt

68 days from 18 Sep 2016 - 24 Nov 2016 – living in England.

70 days from 28 Mar 2017 - 05 Jun 2017 – living in England.

14 days from 19 Aug 2018 - 01 Sep 2018 – living in India

74 days from 05 Dec 2018 - 16 Feb 2019 – Living in India

Please help me answer the below questions.

1- Based on this info which of these countries needed a police clearance?

2- I stayed in England for more than 90 days but not continues as you can see , do I still need a PCC for it?

3- Will the department check which country I went to you based on the travel slip I filled in the airport? Because when I lived in England I travelled first to France for 3 days then moved to England , so in the flight slip from Sydney I put my destination France?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
You are required to obtain PCCs from every country in which you have spent 12 months or longer (cumulatively) in the past 10 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are required to obtain PCCs from every country in which you have spent 12 months or longer (cumulatively) in the past 10 years.
thanks for the response, in the letter they send me they mentioned please provide PCC from the date of GRANT of the PR which I was granted in 6 years ago. They didn’t say bring from 10 yeas ago. Also they said provide a PCC if I spent more than 90 days or more in a any country I went since I was granted the PR.

so from the previous list I sent which country I need to provide the PPC?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Kareem
Are you applying for citizenship? Based on what you mentioned, since you have given Home Affair PPC up to PR application, I think it is PPC from PR to Citizenship.

I have 2 questions
1. Is there a Standard Australia Home Affairs form to download to send to various Overseas Police Department ? I could not find any download forms in the website. If one write to the Overseas Police, they may not know the purpose of the clearance (police check for a childcare job and citizen maybe different) send the reply to where in Home Affairs?
2. Do we have to write to the Overseas Police twice if one apply for citizenship and sponsoring spouse?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kareem
Are you applying for citizenship? Based on what you mentioned, since you have given Home Affair PPC up to PR application, I think it is PPC from PR to Citizenship.

I have 2 questions
1. Is there a Standard Australia Home Affairs form to download to send to various Overseas Police Department ? I could not find any download forms in the website. If one write to the Overseas Police, they may not know the purpose of the clearance (police check for a childcare job and citizen maybe different) send the reply to where in Home Affairs?
2. Do we have to write to the Overseas Police twice if one apply for citizenship and sponsoring spouse?
No standard application to download , you just need to fill either the PR or the citizenship online application of your travel records and based on that they will or may not ask for PPC. Even if you don't fill the citizenship one they check your travelling records which they have on the system and ask you accordingly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts