Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a question relating to overstaying a visa

I have a visitor evisa subclass 651 for a year, multi entry, I am currently in Australia but I will need to stay for a week over the 3 months allowed for training purposes, I will leave after that then have to come back again in two weeks. what are my options? is there a way to extend my three months by one week without having an issue when I reenter the country?

Thank you!
Samar

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have a question relating to overstaying a visa

I have a visitor evisa subclass 651 for a year, multi entry, I am currently in Australia but I will need to stay for a week over the 3 months allowed for training purposes, I will leave after that then have to come back again in two weeks. what are my options? is there a way to extend my three months by one week without having an issue when I reenter the country?

Thank you!
Samar
Whatever you do, DO NOT overstay!

The easiest solution is probably to try and re-arrange your training dates.

Note also that your visa probably has a 3 month study/training limitation for the duration of the visa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the reply, is there any legal way to extend the visa to accommodate for this extra week?? I cannot change the dates unfortunately but I'm thinking of leaving for a few days then coming back, i suppose it will count as three months again from my new arrival?? I was just hoping to extend it from here instead of going out. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Thanks a lot for the reply, is there any legal way to extend the visa to accommodate for this extra week?? I cannot change the dates unfortunately but I'm thinking of leaving for a few days then coming back, i suppose it will count as three months again from my new arrival?? I was just hoping to extend it from here instead of going out. Thanks for your help.
You cannot extend a tourist visa, so you'd have to apply for a new one.

The variables are many:

You will be granted a bridging visa if you can lodge a valid tourist visa onshore, which may give you enough time to finish your course. You could then withdraw the application and leave within the bridging visa period and hope you can return on your existing tourist visa.

But the visa may be refused or it may be granted quickly and come with a" no further stay condition".If granted, the new visa will replace your existing one and it may not have a multiple entry facility.

Either one of those scenarios may have an impact on your ability to return on a tourist visa.

I think the best thing to do is leave and come back again on your current visa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.