Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Partner pays ongoing child support here in Canada. He is in good standing and has not missed payments. Im just wondering if it will be an issue with immigration when we apply for either the Skilled Worker Permanent Visa or the Employer Sponser Visa?

Also, when claiming/submitting de-facto proof why isnt one of the requirements an income-tax assessment form? I would see this as concrete proof of marital status....or does Aus. Immigration do this check on their own through Canadian Revenue / Goverment authorities?

Thank you in advance for any imformation!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
In applying for a skilled visa, as the name implies it's more about skills as much as other personal details and I do not recall from the application form there is too much required to be stated about family finances though with details being given of family members etc., it would not stop further information being requested though again Immi probably see finacial commitments within an overseas country being something between an applicant and their government.

As for defacto evidence, there is reference in the Booklet #1 to a number of areas suggested with the proviso that it is not a definitive list and for defactos, the financial/taxation situations could vary significantly, in Australia for instance having a defacto will not necessarily factor in taxation info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In applying for a skilled visa, as the name implies it's more about skills as much as other personal details and I do not recall from the application form there is too much required to be stated about family finances though with details being given of family members etc., it would not stop further information being requested though again Immi probably see finacial commitments within an overseas country being something between an applicant and their government.

As for defacto evidence, there is reference in the Booklet #1 to a number of areas suggested with the proviso that it is not a definitive list and for defactos, the financial/taxation situations could vary significantly, in Australia for instance having a defacto will not necessarily factor in taxation info.
Fabulous! Thank you very much for the information. So in short, we should not worry too much about being denied due to "finacial ties" with our home country?
I guess I wasnt taking into consideration that every country has vast differences in government, this being why the visa application depends so much on universal items (passports, birth certificates,etc, and not so much gov. connections?)

One more question if you dont mind? Ive read that applying under the employer sponsered visa is a much quicker process then independant skilled visa?

Thank you again!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Yes, Employer Sponsored Visas are top of the tree as far as processing priority goes but of course you first need to have that employer who is eligible and agreeable to sponsoring and then if it is the TR 457 initially which most sponsorships are, the visa is reliant on maintaining employment with a sponsor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Employer Sponsored Visas are top of the tree as far as processing priority goes but of course you first need to have that employer who is eligible and agreeable to sponsoring and then if it is the TR 457 initially which most sponsorships are, the visa is reliant on maintaining employment with a sponsor.
Perfect! Yes, we have been in contact with an employer who has a great history with Sponsorship. (We just have a few things to get together before we ask them to lodge their end of the paperwork) I wasnt sure I wanted my partner to be bound to an employer for various reasons, but Im sure it will work out great and be the fastest ticket to beautiful OZ!! Heres to keeping postive thoughts!
Thanks very much for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.