Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  anjcher 
#1 ·
To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you regarding the skilled independent visa (Subclass 189). At the moment, I am preparing to upload my document to immi account since I have received an invitation through Skill Select to proceed and apply for the Visa. I was intending to add my widowed mother who is completely financially dependent on me. However, I have read earlier through many websites that this is impossible since a decision made on 2016 that parents shall not be granted a permanent residency visa.
Could you please tell me if that's true, further, what are the proofing documents that I shall present?

Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
Parents can no longer be included as dependents in sc. 189 visas unfortunately.

A person is a member of the family unit of another person (the family head) if the person:
(a) is a spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or
(b) is a child or step‑child of the family head or of a spouse or de facto partner of the family head (other than a child or step‑child who is engaged to be married or has a spouse or de facto partner) and:
(i) has not turned 18; or
(ii) has turned 18, but has not turned 23, and is dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or
(iii) has turned 23 and is under paragraph 1.05A(1)(b) dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or
(c) is a dependent child of a person who meets the conditions in paragraph (b).

#4 ·
Thank you for your quick reply.
However, could you advise other ways to bring my mother with me and later maybe apply for residency for her?
You could sponsor her for a parent visa once you have permanent residency and are settled. There are no other options really, except for limited stays on a tourist visa.

#5 ·
Help!

I really do appreciate your quick response.

Could you please advise me on this issue as well?
I am a little confused now which tourist visa should I apply for her now? Should I apply for visa subclass 600 for 6-12 months and extend her stay while she's there? Or visa subclass 601 or Subclass 652 which are both granted for 3 months and extend these later while she's there?
Which of these will be easier for her to get and be extended later? (knowing that she doesn't have a work nor has a big amount in a bank account under her name), is it similar to schengen visa application and requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.