Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, please give your advices about my Mom case.
She is on 3 years visitor visa with no further stay condition.

She applied for her Parents Contributory visa 173 by post from Vietnam.

The problem is she mailed the application only 1 day before she travel to Australia.

The mailed came 8 days later at Perth office. Her tourist visa became onshore. The officer advised her visa is invalid as she has no further stay condition and her visa application came after she arrived.

My mom and I think she applied it when she was outside Australia. We could not find in the immi website where indicate that the application must came before she travel here.
I sent the flight ticket, borderstamp and the application stamp to prove she was outside when application made. However it is not good enough according to the officer.

Could you please quote me where can I find the instruction related to paper application time frame?

Thank you for your help.

Kim Rose

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
The application date is the date the application has been officially received at the processing centre, not the date it was posted overseas.

With these type of applications it is usually best to use a reliable courier service.

To find the actual relevant legislation you need to go into the Migration Regulations and the Migration Act.

But you can save yourself the trouble. I can confirm that if your mother was onshore when the application was received and had a “ no further stay” condition, the application would have been invalid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tion as mail sent only 1 day before travel to Australi

CCMS;19y20943 said:
The application date is the date the application has been officially received at the processing centre, not the date it was posted overseas.

With these type of applications it is usually best to use a reliable courier service.

To find the actual relevant legislation you need to go into the Migration Regulations and the Migration Act.

But you can save yourself the trouble. I can confirm that if your mother was onshore when the application was received and had a " no further stay" condition, the application would have been invalid.
Thank you so much

We learn the lesson now

We will not leave it too late next time when she is out of the country.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.