Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i am currently applying for my visa for temporary then permanent residency in Australia coming from the UK. my partner is Australian and we have used a Mara registered agent to do the visa for us
on the 10/03 this year she sent all of our 60 documents alongside our fee online to the immi account. we didnt hear anything then on the 6th of april 3 weeks after the application was sent off we git hit with some bad bad news that they have refused my visa. none of the documents had actually uploaded to the application so rather than contact my agent they have just refused the application taken my money and i cant do anything about it. this is $7000 not a small amount of cash
we currently dont know where to go from here as my agent seems to think it was due to a glitch or technical error as when she put the documents online they all seemed to attach fine
can anyone help please
we are so stressed and upset over this situation any help would be appreciated
ben

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
There is a print button in ImmiAccount that will produce a list of attached documents with the date they were uploaded. I always save a copy of this list as soon as any documents have been added, especially for situations like this.

If the agent can prove that the documents were uploaded at the time, they could ask for the decision to be vacated.

Failing that, the sponsor can take the refusal to the AAT, but it will probably be quicker to lodge a new application.

The first thing to do is to establish if there actually has been some technical issue.

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have spoken to my agent and she has never had an issue like this before
She has been doing this for over 15 years. Hence we went with a MARA agent. When the refusal notice came though she went back onto the application on the immi account and no documents were there. But at the time uploaded they were.
Apparently the website was updated the week when it was lodged and even now when you log in it has a warning box stating some issues people are finding uploading documents.
Hopefully get a response from the embassy shortly regarding a refund

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I have spoken to my agent and she has never had an issue like this before
She has been doing this for over 15 years. Hence we went with a MARA agent. When the refusal notice came though she went back onto the application on the immi account and no documents were there. But at the time uploaded they were.
Apparently the website was updated the week when it was lodged and even now when you log in it has a warning box stating some issues people are finding uploading documents.
Hopefully get a response from the embassy shortly regarding a refund
I have heard from colleagues recently who have had similar issues with uploaded files disappearing or not showing up in ImmiAccount.There were a lot of technical problems in the early days of online applications, so I always used to take screenshots. Nowadays when the system works reasonably well, I still keep evidence of what has been uploaded. If your agent has evidence (as per my previous post) that the files were attached at the time,you could well have a case.

Reactions: HRose313
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.