Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is Australian citizen by birth. I applied for the visa when we were living together on barracks in Germany, December 2014. I have uploaded my criminal record and also passed the medical (both around June 2015). My allocated officer informed me that all he requires to "FINALISE" my visa (does that mean accept?), is a letter from my Colnel stating that I have been officially discharged from the military and have no outstanding military convictions.

The army is the only job where you have to leave it before they can accept or deny your visa. Do you think the officer could be cruel enough to make me leave my job then tell me it has been denied????

I uploaded my resignation letter from my officer (which states I am discharged on the 29th Jan 16) and am now waiting for a response.

Does anyone have a similar experience or think that it should be accepted no problems?? He could of denied it already by now??

I appreciate all advice and am very grateful.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Which officer? Army or more probably you mean Australian (CO). Neither would pull a stunt like that. My understanding of Finalise your visa, means entry the country to activate it but someone else might have a better idea. In fact, it would have a specific date you must enter by or you would loose the visa, but that should have been clearly stated on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for confusion

The first two times I mention officer, I mean my visa officer. The last time I use the word I meant my military officer. Sorry for the confusion haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.