Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

A quick question that I am hoping someone can answer for me - i will contact my case officer but wanted to check before I did...

I applied for a 309 offshore Partner Visa in November, I am British Citizen and live in the UK. I've been assigned a CO and today they contacted my Wife (Sponsor) who is Australian Citizen through birth, came to the UK when she was 4 years old (now 38) and has only been twice to Australia since then over the years at 4 weeks each time. The CO has requested that she completes an Australian Police Check. Is this normal even though she has been in the UK since 4 years old?

We have completed our UK police checks and they have been uploaded as evidence but I just think it's strange for her to complete an Australian Police Check?

Can anyone help at all or has this been requested from anyone else on here?

·
Registered
814 Posts
If I was in her shoes, I would just do the Aus police check. It's not expensive and shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks to arrive. Not worth getting into a battle with DHA over the technicalities IMO. And from memory I think sponsors need an Aus Police check in any case + any countries that they have lived for over 12 months in the last 10 years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If I was in her shoes, I would just do the Aus police check. It's not expensive and shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks to arrive. Not worth getting into a battle with DHA over the technicalities.
Thank you for the reply. Yes we was going to do it, but it just seems odd given that she hasn't been in the Country for longer than 4 weeks since the age of 4 years old. I just wondered if anyone had experienced it and if there was a reason behind it.

I've looked at when a Police Check is required and it is usually when you have been in a particular Country for over 12 months since being an adult which I guess is after 16 years of age.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yeah it is definitely weird of them to ask her. Possibly they are so used to requesting it from sponsors as most sponsors would have lived in Aus as an adult, that the CO just automatically asked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it is definitely weird of them to ask her. Possibly they are so used to requesting it from sponsors as most sponsors would have lived in Aus as an adult, that the CO just automatically asked.
Thank you. No harm in getting it completed I suppose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.