Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!:)
I recently got an email with a request for police checks, the medical exam and for more information and I have questions..
Some background info: applied onshore in May 2017, have been de facto with my partner since november 2013, so I requested to be considered for a permanent visa straight away. Application was a bit tricky because we spent a lot of time apart in the 12 months prior to applying, but we provided A LOT of evidence for communication in that period. We submitted evidence for the whole duration of our relationship, not just the last 12 months.

They are requesting more information for: 'Evidence of your relationship with your de facto partner [...] Provide evidence about the following aspects of your relationship from 21 May 2014 to
current date

and then they explain in full detail what type of evidence I should provide (financial, social, etc.)

1. Is it safe to assume they are mainly after information about our relationship since the date we applied (May 2017) until now? I really think we've provided everything we could for the period before that, so the next step for that would be asking a migration agent..

2. I've been planning on going to Europe for a few months in March (since the visa is taking so long, I wasn't really waiting for it). Is it likely they won't approve a BVB at this stage of the application? Would it help if I mention that I'm prepared to return to Australia when I hear the visa is ready for approval (I can supply a bank statement to show sufficient funds for return flight). Has anybody else been in this situation before?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading! :p

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.