Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, any advice would be great

Im English and have been with my Australian boyfriend for well over a year now and we have been living together in London for 9 months, however I have sent off my defacto visa application already as we are hoping to move down under.
I’m worried I’m going to get declined as we haven’t officially lived together for a year as of yet?! Please help!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Im English and have been with my Australian boyfriend for well over a year now and we have been living together in London for 9 months, however I have sent off my defacto visa application already as we are hoping to move down under.
I'm worried I'm going to get declined as we haven't officially lived together for a year as of yet?! Please help!!
What other evidence did you include? It's more than just 'living together for a year'.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have included lots of things, travel dates/documents and pictures over the last 2 years, utility bills/flat contract, social aspects of relationship ie. pictures, invitations, joint cards etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I'm worried I'm going to get declined as we haven't officially lived together for a year as of yet?! Please help!!
If you didnot live together 12 month at the time of application it would be a risk of losing your application fee. Most probably it will be rejected, unless your relationship is registered in australia.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
There is no requirement to live together for 12 months - But a relationship length of not less than 12 months is a must - this does not count dating such as being classified as boyfriend/girlfriend. That can lead to a refusal.

If I were you I would ASAP have my application checked by a RMA (that is willing) and then act upon their advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.