Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My partner who is currently in the USA is a beneficiary of DACA. Given that recent events really show that the program will be halted, we have decided to move to Australia to settle. I'm an Aus citizen and so we applied for the offshore partner visa back in oct 2017.

Do you think that my partner's current status in the USA is an issue to Australian immigration?

Just worried that this will be counted against him.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I feel your Problem

I'm kind of in the same situation as you, my Husband is on DACA and we have decided to move to Australia. we have only just recently lodged his application for 309 visa.
their should be no issue. they may look at it a little more in depth. it will be completely dependent on what you supplied immigration. how long you have been together, how much time you have spent together in person, and basic evidence.

My Husband and i have been together almost 6 years and Married for 3 years. I lived in USA for 2 and a half years with him and have leases in both our names and much more conjoined evidence.

I know when you Lodged yours it was almost just when they announced that DACA would be ending. But if your relationship is real and you have all the evidence to back it up, him being a DACA recipient should not affect in any way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm kind of in the same situation as you, my Husband is on DACA and we have decided to move to Australia. we have only just recently lodged his application for 309 visa.
their should be no issue. they may look at it a little more in depth. it will be completely dependent on what you supplied immigration. how long you have been together, how much time you have spent together in person, and basic evidence.

My Husband and i have been together almost 6 years and Married for 3 years. I lived in USA for 2 and a half years with him and have leases in both our names and much more conjoined evidence.

I know when you Lodged yours it was almost just when they announced that DACA would be ending. But if your relationship is real and you have all the evidence to back it up, him being a DACA recipient should not affect in any way.
Oh wow... such a relief to found someone who understands my situation. Yes i think it wont be a problem. They dont have any criminal conviction otherwise they won't be granted DACA. Hence both police and nbi clearance are clean. We did indicate in the application that the reason he's in US even though he doesn't have any visa is because of DACA. I assume you did the same?

For our relationship, we were in a long distance relationship for 5years and then decided that we want to settle already so we got married civil last year. During the relationship I did visit him the USA for a couple of times that's why we were able to gather a few evidence of our relationship. Together with statutory declarations from friends. For the financial part, we don't have joint accounts but we did submit copies of money remittances because he sometimes sends me money when I fell short especially during the time when a family member was sick.

Thank you for your reply. It really feels good to found someone who can understand our situation.

I hope everything goes well. We are looking forward to be together for good before the year ends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.