Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Permanent Humanitarian Visa's Wife. Frontload or no?

Hi all~

As a long time lurker, I understand in this forum, partners of Permanent Humanitarian Visa (PHV) is a rarity and the best I can get is well-informed speculations.
So I dont expect straight answer right away.
At best I apply my common sense, then decide.

But if one's is a PHV partner, just let me know.
At least we dont have to be alone :D

Im from Malaysia.
I plan to apply a front loaded 820/801.
My husband is holder of Permanent Humanitarian Visa (PHV) subclass 200.
He will undergo citizenship test 21st Nov 2019.

His citizenship timeline:
Application Date: 2 July 19
Application Received: 2 July 19
Receive Test Date: 22 July 19
Interview & Test : 21 Nov 19
Approval: TBN
Ceremony : TBN

My question is, should I lodge 820/801 before or after his citizenship ceremony?
Which one is better?
Again, just say hi if youre a PHV partner :)

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Hi, my husband just got his "Notification of Approval of Australian Citizenship" letter.

His updated timeline:
Approval: 21 November 19
Ceremony : TBN

I just lodge the 820/801 recently. (My visitor visa is expiring on 2 Jan 2020, hence the lodgement)
My timeline:
Marriage Date: 21 December 18
Application Date: 20 December 19
Bridging Visa A Grant Date: 23 December 19
Medicals: Advised by IMMI already, planned to front-load at 10 Jan 2020
Police Certificates: Ready, plan to front-load at 10 Jan 2020
CO Assigned: Not yet
Visa Grant: Not Yet

Im a bit nervous because the letter said "you will not be a citizen until you have made the pledge". Currently a Permanent Humanitarian Visa.

I have 2 questions:

1) Should I wait for his ceremony (this takes time out of my control, possibly not having the chance to front-load everything within the 28 days of lodgement)?

2) Previously a refugee with family separated from the conflict zone since young, my husband's family details have lots of unknowns family data, such as date of birth, are they still alive or not, and even their whereabouts.
So here are some of my initiative:

-I am making Statutory Declarations stating why some of the unknown family member is omitted from online 47SP (due to war, conflicts, and family separations) and attempts that we have made to acquire the missing info (such as Australian Red Cross - International Tracing Service).

-I also supplying the Paper Form 47SP and fill out the Part O -Additional Information to explain all the unlisted family members at online 47SP.

-Will also fill out Form 1221 Additional Information and explain all the unlisted family members at online 47SP.

-The whole point is to make Form 80 (x2) , Form 47SP (online and paper), Form 40SP (online and paper), Form 1221, and Statutory declarations (x2) provide consistency all across the board.

My question is, is this initiative relevant or sufficient?

Thank you for reading, any reply is highly appreciated.

· Registered
6,521 Posts
From what you have posted it seems that you do not seem to have a clear idea about how to proceed. May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for an assessment of your case?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Im back and my 820 granted today! What happened was:

1) I lodge my application before his citizenship ceremony. His citizenship ceremony was on 18th June 2020. I glad we did it early because I was instantly granted Medicare access. It really helps with my pregnancy checkups. We got little bubba now!

His updated timeline:
Approval: 21 November 19
Ceremony : 18 June 2020

2) I put the date as 01/01/19XX as indication that I really have no idea about family member's date. I also did ALL of the initiative I mentioned above as best as I can. Thank God I was granted 820.

Marriage Date: 21 December 18
Application Date: 20 December 19
Bridging Visa A Grant Date: 23 December 19
Medicals: Advised by IMMI already, planned to front-load at 10 Jan 2020
Police Certificates: Ready, plan to front-load at 10 Jan 2020
Resend Police Check:5 May 2021
CO Assigned: Apr 2021 (Team 4 DoHA, Temporary Partner, Victoria )
Visa Grant: 6 May 2021

Good luck to everyone <3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.