Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I would appreciate if you can help me in deciding the type of visa I should apply for and whether I am still eligible applying.

Previously, I had submitted a prospective visa 300 for my ex-girlfriend and its application was successfully granted October last year. Unfortunately, in the last minutes, she abandoned the relationship and went off with another guy in Germany. I was deeply hurt and angry.

I met a girl 3 or 4 months ago who is my girlfriend now. She is an international student who is studying English at the moment. We would like to begin a serious relationship with a plan to get marry next year. I would like her to stay and live with me in Australia instead of going back to her country. What type of visa suitable for my current situation? On Immigration website, it states that there is a limit of two approved sponsorships or nominations that can be made, with a minimum of five years apart. Does it mean I have to wait for 5 long years to apply?

Thank you for your helps!!!

Cheers,
Khoa

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Yes, that is what it means, unfortunately. In order to sponsor your current partner, five years must have elapsed since your previous sponsorship.

With very few exceptions, the limits to sponsorship are that you can only sponsor two people in your lifetime, and the second can't be fewer than five years from the first.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that is what it means, unfortunately. In order to sponsor your current partner, five years must have elapsed since your previous sponsorship.

With very few exceptions, the limits to sponsorship are that you can only sponsor two people in your lifetime, and the second can't be fewer than five years from the first.
Hi CollegeGirl,

So there is nothing i can do :( ? Even though the visa was granted, she never come to Australia. She canceled the visa herself. I guess I have to talk the Immigration department to confirm. Thanks for reply CollegeGirl!!.

Are there anyone in here who are in similar situation?

Cheers,
Khoa

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Yes. It doesn't matter that she didn't activate the visa. It was granted. If you want to confirm, I would consider a consult with a professional migration agent instead - Immigration is known to give out inaccurate information at times. Migration agents will often do free or low cost initial consultations.

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
You may not be able to sponsor another partner if any one of the following applies:

• you have previously sponsored two other partners for migration to Australia (including sponsorships you may have withdrawn where your former partner obtained permanent residence on family violence grounds)
  • you have sponsored another partner within the last five years
  • you were sponsored for a partner visa as a partner yourself within the last five years

If you have previously sponsored or been sponsored, you may still be permitted to sponsor your partner in compelling circumstances, such as:

• if your previous partner has died or abandoned the relationship leaving young children
  • if your relationship with your current partner is long standing (that is, five years or more)
  • if you and your current partner have dependent children of your relationship

The main factor is that the relevant visa has been granted.

Reactions: gretz57

·
Registered
58 Posts
You may not be able to sponsor another partner if any one of the following applies:

[*]you have previously sponsored two other partners for migration to Australia (including sponsorships you may have withdrawn where your former partner obtained permanent residence on family violence grounds)
[*]you have sponsored another partner within the last five years
[*]you were sponsored for a partner visa as a partner yourself within the last five years

If you have previously sponsored or been sponsored, you may still be permitted to sponsor your partner in compelling circumstances, such as:

[*]if your previous partner has died or abandoned the relationship leaving young children
[*]if your relationship with your current partner is long standing (that is, five years or more)
[*]if you and your current partner have dependent children of your relationship

The main factor is that the relevant visa has been granted.
Can I ask as well if ur five years start from date of grant of ur pr or the first sub of ur file

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I ask as well if ur five years start from date of grant of ur pr or the first sub of ur file
I called the Immigration Department today and they said the 5 years period is started from the first date they received your first application to the day they start to look at your second application.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.