Australia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon All,

Thank you in advance for your advice.

I have been with my wife (Australian Citizen) for just under 4 years now, marrying in April 2021, we have 1 child (2 years old) and another child on the way (June). I have just recently submitted my visa application and was wondering what the 'real life' average is for someone in my situation? We have evidence of joint finances in terms of bank accounts and savings, living arrangements from tenancy agreements, joint responsibility of a child etc so was seeing if anyone has experience with a situation like this and what I can expect. I am in the midst of arranging my medical, understand that I need to obtain a police check etc but is there any advice that anyone can give?

Our plans of when we were going to move over have been slightly effected by the passing of my step father and we are now looking to go as soon as possible, I was also wondering if anyone would be able to advise on if I am allowed to travel on a tourist visa whilst my visa is being processed? I understand that if granted whilst in the country I would have to leave and also that when it expires I have to leave but I am trying to explore different avenues an options for whats best for my family.

Again, many thanks for any advice.

Regards

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Good Afternoon All,

Thank you in advance for your advice.

I have been with my wife (Australian Citizen) for just under 4 years now, marrying in April 2021, we have 1 child (2 years old) and another child on the way (June). I have just recently submitted my visa application and was wondering what the 'real life' average is for someone in my situation?
I assume you mean the 309 visa.

Actual processing times for subclass 309 visas finalised in November 2021.

Global median average of 10 months.
  • 25% finalised in under 5 months.
  • 25% finalised between 5 and 10 months.
  • 25% finalised between 10 and 22 months.
  • 15% finalised between 22 and 29 months.
  • 10% finalised in over 29 months.
If your application addresses everything well and correctly, and is easy to follow, you could be in the fastest 25%.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
If you are in the UK and get the medical and police check sorted and the rest of your application is decision ready, then many are coming through in under 2 months at the moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are in the UK and get the medical and police check sorted and the rest of your application is decision ready, then many are coming through in under 2 months at the moment.
Thank you for this, I have completed the financial aspects (joint accounts, savings, bills etc) as well as living arrangements (tenancy agreements) now need need to properly photo copy our marriage certificate, continue adding to the social aspects and am getting the witness declarations for the relationship by a close friend and father-in-law. I have my medical booked for the 20th. Is it on the home affairs website where I can get my police check complete?

One last question, are there any other forms that are essential that I can be completing now?

I really appreciate your response.

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
Reactions: BPeddie

·
Registered
90 Posts
I reckon someone in your situation shouldn't take long, complete your application and submit your medical exam with the police clearance as soon as possible. Hopefully, you will be granted your visa very very soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for this, I have completed the financial aspects (joint accounts, savings, bills etc) as well as living arrangements (tenancy agreements) now need need to properly photo copy our marriage certificate, continue adding to the social aspects and am getting the witness declarations for the relationship by a close friend and father-in-law. I have my medical booked for the 20th. Is it on the home affairs website where I can get my police check complete?

One last question, are there any other forms that are essential that I can be completing now?

I really appreciate your response.
In UK an ACRO Police Certificate will be required

1 - 7 of 7 Posts