Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm applying for permanent residency. My husband of 35 yrs is an Australian Citizen by birth. We have children with citizenship by descent living in Australia.

I'm applying for the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100). When I start the application is gives three dropdowns:

Family
Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801)
Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801)
Stage 2 - Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100,801)

I believe the sponsorship is to be completed by my husband - does he do this in his own account and submit it separately?

Do I only complete the Stage 2 form?

Many thanks for any help as at this stage I can't even commence the application!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi

I'm applying for permanent residency. My husband of 35 yrs is an Australian Citizen by birth. We have children with citizenship by descent living in Australia.

I'm applying for the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100). When I start the application is gives three dropdowns:

Family

I believe the sponsorship is to be completed by my husband - does he do this in his own account and submit it separately?

Many thanks for any help as at this stage I can't even commence the application!
I would imagine would complete stage 1, unless you already have your 309/820. Given the length of your relationship, you could see the 100 granted at the same time as the 309.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I'm progressing through Stage 1 of the application but when I get to page 12 I get an error message 'Date of intended marriage' must be today or in the future. I had checked the box to say "I wasn't applying for a Prospective Marriage visa". What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

Family

You need to complete stage one first, and once you have done that... your partner will be able to fill his form out, he doesn't need to make an account he can use your immi account to fill the form out!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I'm progressing through Stage 1 of the application but when I get to page 12 I get an error message 'Date of intended marriage' must be today or in the future. I had checked the box to say "I wasn't applying for a Prospective Marriage visa". What am I doing wrong?
Thank you both but any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I'm wondering if that prospective marriage visa box somehow got ticked in the other browser, because that's definitely a prospective marriage visa question.

You fill out "Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801)." Your husband fills out "Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801)"

It can be on the same ImmiAccount or a different one. You won't have to worry about Stage 2 - with a marriage that long I'd think it's very unlikely you wouldn't get the 309 and the 100 (PR) at the same time. If for some reason you don't, I'd question it.

Reactions: JTeam

·
Registered
74 Posts
You'd have every reason to do far more than question it, an Australian citizen married that long with Australian children living here. There shouldn't even be an application needed.

In many of these cases the delegates and COs need to remember that we actually have a right to choose who we marry and live with... and who we vote for

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm working my way through the application. It does seem they require an awful lot of information but I suppose they need proof our relationship has been continuous as not everyone divorces if their relationship breaks down.

I have a couple of queries. I have seen mention of two sponsorship forms - the 888 and 40SP. Are these the same thing? My husband being my sponsor will need to fill this out but do I need additional friends or family to complete one also?

"If you pay for your visa application charges, sponsorship or nomination fees by card or by an online payment, a surcharge may apply. The current surcharge rates are: Visa and MasterCard* - 0.98%"
Presumably there is no other way to make the payment! Does this mean I can visit the London office with cash! If not surely they should just include the surcharge in the fee and remove the "surcharge may apply".

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have seen mention of two sponsorship forms - the 888 and 40SP. Are these the same thing? My husband being my sponsor will need to fill this out but do I need additional friends or family to complete one also?
Is the 888 for sponsors who are not the Australian resident and partner?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I'm working my way through the application. It does seem they require an awful lot of information but I suppose they need proof our relationship has been continuous as not everyone divorces if their relationship breaks down.

I have a couple of queries. I have seen mention of two sponsorship forms - the 888 and 40SP. Are these the same thing? My husband being my sponsor will need to fill this out but do I need additional friends or family to complete one also?

"If you pay for your visa application charges, sponsorship or nomination fees by card or by an online payment, a surcharge may apply. The current surcharge rates are: Visa and MasterCard* - 0.98%"
Presumably there is no other way to make the payment! Does this mean I can visit the London office with cash! If not surely they should just include the surcharge in the fee and remove the "surcharge may apply".
You can pay with BPAY to avoid the card surcharge.

The 40SP is the sponsorship form that when filled out online includes narrative boxes that act as the sponsor's statement. Alternatively, the sponsor can choose to do a separate statement.

Form 888 is for at least two other people known to you and your partner that can testify to your relationship being genuine. The form itself is explained very clearly on the first page if you look at it:

"About this form
This form must be completed by a person who:
• knows the visa applicant and their partner or fiancé(e) and
the history of their relationship;
• is at least 18 years of age; and
• is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.
Note: If the visa applicant is outside Australia and is unable to
have an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
complete this form, any person who knows the applicant and
their partner or fiancé(e) may also complete this form.
The person completing this form must provide evidence of their
current name, age and, where applicable, Australian citizenship
or Australian permanent residency (for example, a certified copy
of the birth certificate, Australian passport or passport
containing a permanent visa). All copies must be certified.

Note: You may be asked to submit up to 3 separate
declarations during the processing of the visa application.
You may also be contacted for further comment and/or
interview in relation to the information you provide."

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can pay with BPAY to avoid the card surcharge.

Form 888 is for at least two other people known to you and your partner that can testify to your relationship being genuine. The form itself is explained very clearly on the first page if you look at it:
."
I have googled BPAY and this appears to be Barclays/Australian payment method that I'm not aware of so presumably I can't avoid the surchage in the UK.

Do I need to submit additional sponsors or only if asked?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You only have one sponsor for a partner visa and that is your partner. Form 888s are not sponsor forms, they're witness forms.

Probably best if you start by reading the DoHA website for the visa subclass you are interested in. It has a checklist of require documents and explanations.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You only have one sponsor for a partner visa and that is your partner. Form 888s are not sponsor forms, they're witness forms.

Probably best if you start by reading the DoHA website for the visa subclass you are interested in. It has a checklist of require documents and explanations.
Thank you. Am I correct in thinking I will only need witnesses if asked? I think I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the questions and getting confused.

Do you know about Bpay. The UK version looks like a contactless payment system for payments of up to £30 so not much use.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
If you read the visa website, it will tell you what is required for an application. You'll see that a minimum of two F888 witness stat decs are required.

For BPAY, people from overseas typically use their partner's Australian bank account or share a joint account with their partner.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For BPAY, people from overseas typically use their partner's Australian bank account or share a joint account with their partner.
Thank you. My partner doesn't have an Australian bank account. I can only see this about the surcharges in the payments information but maybe at the payment stage it explains about BPay.

If you pay for your visa application charges, sponsorship or nomination fees by card or by an online payment, a surcharge may apply. The current surcharge rates are:

Visa and MasterCard* - 0.98%
American Express and JCB - 1.4%
Diners Club International - 1.99%
ChinaUnion Pay - 1.90%
PayPal - 1.00%
* The surcharge will also apply to Debit Visa cards and Debit MasterCards when making payments online.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.