Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My spouse has been evaluated by ACS under 261313 (Software Engineer). He received the letter in Jun 2014 and this is valid for 24 months. He is trying for IELTS but is unable to reach the 7 score mark (tried quite a lot of times).

I am a Chartered Accuntant from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Currently he needs 5 points to make it to 60. So we were exploring to use the 5 points available for partner skills. As per the requirements :

Partner skills

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.[
/I]

I satisfy the first 3 conditions. For the last one, the Australian Institute mention that I need 7 points for IELTS.

My question is are the score of 7 needed for assessing Partner skills (I am not the primary applicant)? I have all the other required documents.

Please let me know if my question is not clear.

Regards
Apurva

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
To satisfy condition 2, you simply need competent English. However to receive a positive skills assessment for condition 4, you may need a higher English proficiency. I've read that Accountant positions need 7 in Academic IELTS, but the skills assessor can confirm this.

So even if you are the secondary visa applicant, you may need a higher level of English proficiency simply to obtain the skills assessment for the 5 points for partner skills.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, But none of the states need a Software Engineer. We keep on tracking the list that comes for state requirement.
So we are now required to explore this option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.