Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm if these processing times to PR are accurate, for these two groups, or am I missing something?

Partner/Spouse of 189 Visa applicants

Married dependant must provide documents such as a marriage certificate.
75 per cent of successful applications will get their PR granted within 9 months after application date.​

Partner/Spouse of Australian Citizen

Married dependant must provide documents such as a marriage certificate, and substantial proof of relationship.
75 per cent of successful applications will get their PR granted within 42 months after application date. (24 months on the 820 and another 18 months for the 801 application)​

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If you qualify for a sc. 189 visa, I can't see the point of applying for a partner visa...

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you qualify for a sc. 189 visa, I can't see the point of applying for a partner visa...
After hearing about someone getting PR without being married for to long, but being married recently to a 189 applicant, I began to wonder if giving up Australian citizenship, and then applying for a 189 visa with a new partner, might be faster and cheaper for some people to get PR for a spouse.

I ended up wondering if it is an accurate possible scenario.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
After hearing about someone getting PR without being married for to long, but being married recently to a 189 applicant, I began to wonder if giving up Australian citizenship, and then applying for a 189 visa with a new partner, might be faster and cheaper for some people to get PR for a spouse.

I ended up wondering if it is an accurate possible scenario.
It sounds like madness to me. Why would you give up Australian citizenship? What would your visas status be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.