Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Please help! Me and my partner are in a really complicated situation...

Some background facts:
Me and my partner first met in May 2017, and was dating for about 5 months. End of September 2017, we decided to become exclusive and stay together even though he was going on a 8 month deployment to the Middle east with the Australian Navy in mid October 2017. My partner left for his deployment and I went back to my home country while he's been away with the navy. We have been talking everyday since he left (as much as possible), texts when he's been at sea (reception has not been good enough for calls), and phone calls / video calls everyday when he's been on leave for some days a month.

He had 2 weeks of vacation in March 2018, and came to visit me right away and met my friends and family. When his deployment is done in June he will come back to visit me for about 3 weeks and then we'll go back to Australia together. I'm going there on a tourist visa that got approved in October 2017, so it will expire October 2018. As soon as we get there in July, we will register our relationship (which I've read will waive the 12 month requirement, is that right?), open a joint bank account, add me to his bills etc.

We are planning to apply for the partner visa in October this year sometime, just before my tourist visa expires - by then we've been together for 13 months, lived together for 3 months and had our relationship registered for 3 months.

I'm just so worried it won't get approved since we have not been living together for 1 year (only because of his job). Although, we have lived in a Defacto relationship, supported each other financially and in life, talked to each other all the time etc. The only reason why we haven't lived together is because we have not been able to because of his job. Is that a good enough reason to not meet the requirement of living together for 1 year? We have heaps of evidence such as hotel bills, flights together, airbnb, millions of messages, print screens from video chats, phone logs, conversations with each others families/friends, receipts of gifts to each other, pictures of us together and with my family & friends etc.

I would really appreciate any help or advice in this situation, all we want is to live a life together :(. I've already user the WH visa and didn't do the farm work...

Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
As Jeremy said, talking to an agent is your best bet. It's not super pricey for their time, to make sure you're heading down the right path.

Also, a subclass 300 (perspective marriage visa) might be useful in your situation and worth looking into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.