Australia Forum banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Submitted 309/100 in Aug 2021 via HK processing office. It's been 14 months with no updates no news , anyone from HK on the same boat awaiting? Wonder how frequent should we upload new family photos as supporting evidence. Like every 2 to 3 months? Any advises?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, here are some recently released historical data that may help people compare processing times:

Subclass 300, 309 and 820 visa processing times by processing office and applicant citizenship country (2021 June, July, August):

Subclass 300, 309 and 820 visa applications finalised by processing office and applicant citizenship country (2021 October, November, December):

Interesting data points (from https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2022/fa-220100781-document-released.PDF):

The 25th, 50th, 75th and 95th percentile of processing times, in days, by citizenship country - October 2021
309 Partner - Afghanistan - 18 Months / 26 Months / 35 Months / 43 Months
309 Partner - United Kingdom - 63 Days / 4 Months / 5 Months / 8 Months
The 25th, 50th, 75th and 95th percentile of processing times, in days, by citizenship country - November 2021
309 Partner - Afghanistan - 22 Months / 30 Months / 34 Months / 76 Months
309 Partner - United Kingdom - 82 Days / 4 Months / 9 Months / 17 Months
The 25th, 50th, 75th and 95th percentile of processing times, in days, by citizenship country - December 2021
309 Partner - Afghanistan - 12 Months / 25 Months / 32 Months / 41 Months
309 Partner - United Kingdom - 57 Days / / 68 Days / 4 Months / 7 Months

United Kingdom was by far the quickest.

Subclass 300, 309 and 820 visa applications on hand by citizenship country of applicant for the months December 2021 :

Citizenship country of applicant300 Prospective Marriage309 Partner (Provisional)820 PartnerTotal
Afghanistan2757,579647,918
China1891,5704,4086,167
India1731,1992,3773,749
Philippines3058382,3413,484
Thailand973271,4431,861
United Kingdom264302,4382,894
United States853801,5512,016
Vietnam3447173,0794,140
Grand Total (all countries)59,530

Huge backlog of 309 applications from Afghanistan.
This is most interesting and informative!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Huge backlog of 309 applications from Afghanistan
I infer that the 309 applications relate to the family members of Locally Engaged Employees of the Australian Mission in Kabul, being processed by the Amman office (‘Tragic’ delays: documents reveal Australia knew time was running out to extract Afghan staff: "The Department would seek to process the caseload in Amman, where the LEE cohort are being assessed, and would require up to five additional officers to be allocated to the caseload depending on volume.")

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone I’m new to the forum I am living in Australia and I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Iran. We got married in my last trip 9/4/22. I applied for subclass 309 on 3/09/22 and my immi account immediately asked for health examination and biometric. My partner did them all within 2 weeks. Since then the status states ‘further assessment’ I also emailed them that due to dire situation in Iran it is becoming unsafe and there is internet blockage so it is becoming difficult for us to keep regular contact. They have said as he is also afghan migrant he is at a priority however I still want to know if there is anyone else who was an afghan migrant or someone who resides in iran who recently got their visa approved or at least got an update ? how long do you think is the wait?

·
Registered
40 Posts
309 visa timeline (offshore partner)
Applicant Peruvian with Chilean nationality
DOL 9 May 2022
Approval 9 November 2022
Total time 6 months

Wife was here on a 3 month sponsored family visitor visa due to expire end of this month and the grant was issued onshore replacing her visitor visa without need to leave Australia first.

Cant tell you how stressful it is waiting, and to finally get an answer to not being apart feels surreal after many years of anguish due to border closures and delays with immigration.

I hope anyone else waiting for their 309 finds my timeline gives a sense of hope that things can happen quicker than what is published.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m wondering if there is a place where Australian citizens can voice their concerns about these crazy timelines for wanting to bring their families back to their home country. It baffles me. It’s a right as a citizen to live there with their families not a privilege.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you would be able to help.
I have applied for the 309 and its been a while without applying or getting the sponsored application approved. However, I did noticed that I have my separate folder created by the Immigration and my wife separate folder too in the same application page where I have attached accordingly. Now, I came to know that; I could still apply in the same application for the sponsorship application but, I am unable to do it. Would you be able to help me, please.
Many Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you would be able to help.
I have applied for the 309 and its been a while without applying or getting the sponsored application approved. However, I did noticed that I have my separate folder created by the Immigration and my wife separate folder too in the same application page where I have attached accordingly. Now, I came to know that; I could still apply in the same application for the sponsorship application but, I am unable to do it. Would you be able to help me, please.
Many Thanks in advance!
Might be better to post your question as a new post rather than here so it is seen as a question and more likely to get an answer from someone with the knowledge who scans these forums. This section is specific to processing times and experiences with the wait.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’m wondering if there is a place where Australian citizens can voice their concerns about these crazy timelines for wanting to bring their families back to their home country. It baffles me. It’s a right as a citizen to live there with their families not a privilege.
Unfortunately not. Contacting your federal member when your processing time is in the 90% bracket and asking for help, they will approach immigration on your behalf, thats the only thing that worked for me in the past to get an outcome.

Australia is not very family friendly for visas, and has been like this a long time. A lot of my friends who have dealt with immigration have said the same prior to my experience and now I understand why.

In my circumstances I had a visitor visa that had an invalid flag for an 'medical examination' request, when it had already been done for another visa previously. Contacting Immigration by call centre, the immigration minister by email, the home affairs feedback portal, all resulted in nothing. The immigration contact centre have zero contact with the case workers and will never look at your individual case and only provide generic advice. They are useful as tits on a bull for resolving problems and getting an outcome for problems with your visa. Even the team leaders in the contact centre have zero capacity for esculation. Only when I contacted my federal member and said ive exhausted all avenues, and im in the published 90% bracket, did I get someone to actually open the visa and realize it was stuck and they finalized it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has there been any progress on your application? we've applied for a 300 PMV for my fiancée who lives in Iran and I'm really concerned for their safety with the current situation 😞
I am very concerned myself. There’s barely any internet to get through to him. It’s making this wait game even more harder to tolerate. Unfortunately I have no progress since I submitted the biometrics and health assessment.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I am very concerned myself. There’s barely any internet to get through to him. It’s making this wait game even more harder to tolerate. Unfortunately I have no progress since I submitted the biometrics and health assessment.
If you have submitted everything required, you probably won't hear anything until the final decision.
You submitted your 309 on 3 Sep 2022. That is only 2 months so far.

The median average processing time for Subclass 309 Partner visas, that were finalised in August 2022, was 14 Months.

Partner visas do involve a long wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
309 visa timeline (offshore partner 309/100)
UK (married 6 years with 2 children)
Application submitted 18/06/22
Medical & police checks requested 01/07/22
Granted 22/11/22 (just over 5 months) Both 309 & 100 granted simultaneously

Good luck everyone, it's a miserable waiting game. We were very fortunate

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Hi all, what will happen if you didn't submit the RFI on time? Because what they are asking is my birth certificate and it's still processing, but they need it next month right away.
You are normally given 28 days to either supply or provide a reason for a delay.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts