Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I was researching about how to do my partner visa 309/100, I couldn't find a lot of information specific to Filipino applicants. I wanted to gauge how long it normally takes for visa grants for Filipinos.

So I hope Pinoys who are waiting for their visas or were already granted their visas can share their experiences here. Questions most welcome, too!

Here's mine:

I've been living in Abu Dhabi for almost 6 years now.

• I applied online on 6 August 2016.
  • I submitted colored scans of original documents, and none of them were certified true copies.
  • I didn't use an agent.
  • At the time of submission, I did not submit medicals and police clearances because I was worried they would expire before a CO was assigned.
  • On 9 October 2016, my CO asked me to do my medicals and police clearances.
  • I applied for my UAE police clearance through the mobile application, and I got it the next day.
  • For my Philippines police clearance, I went to the Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi where I got an NBI Clearance form and special power of attorney for my dad to claim my NBI Clearance in Cebu. The NBI Clearance was sent to me here in AUH as I had to sign it.
  • For my Indonesian police clearance, I explained to the CO that I had difficulty getting it because my documents were not kept by my previous employer and personal appearance in Jakarta was needed. In lieu of this, she asked me to submit a Statutory Declaration stating that I had no criminal history, and I had it certified at the Australian Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
  • My medicals were delayed by 2 weeks because of an error by the panel clinic in reading my x-ray, where they required me to do additional tests which all turned out to be negative.
  • By 1 November 2016, I had completely submitted all my medicals and PCs.
  • I did not hear anything from the CO until my visa was granted on 17 November 2016!

So if I take away the 2 week delay in my medicals, that means my visa was granted in a little under 3 months!!! What's more shocking is my visa 309 and 100 were issued at the same time! I wasn't expecting this since we've only been married for 2 months at the time of my application!

It was really unexpected, since PH is a high risk country (PH), and our case officer had not even called us for an interview!

Happy to answer any questions about the process!

·
Registered
202 Posts
For my Indonesian police clearance, I explained to the CO that I had difficulty getting it because my documents were not kept by my previous employer and personal appearance in Jakarta was needed. In lieu of this, she asked me to submit a Statutory Declaration stating that I had no criminal history, and I had it certified at the Australian Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
I'm not a Filipina - but just wanted to say that your post gives me hope, as we submitted a Stat. Dec. in lieu of a police clearance from Indonesia for my husband.

Congratulations on your visa grant!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not a Filipina - but just wanted to say that your post gives me hope, as we submitted a Stat. Dec. in lieu of a police clearance from Indonesia for my husband.

Congratulations on your visa grant!
Thank you!

I was so worried about the Indonesian PC. I even told my CO that I was going on vacation to Phils in December, so I asked her if she could extend the deadline so that I can then go to Jakarta to get the PC. Her reply was to do the stat dec. Then she said she will try to get a penal waiver or suggest an alternative solution.

I was still worried because of her last statement, so I asked her one more time if I needed to do something else. She didn't respond, but then my visa was granted 2 weeks later.

Reactions: KofteQueen

·
Registered
7 Posts
HI! Wow that's quick! Congrats on your visa grant!
If I may ask, did you submitted Form 80 as well?

I have paper lodged here in Manila for 309 plus 2 dependents, and it wasn't included on the updated checklist so I didn't. Submitted 10th of November, requested medical last friday! And now waiting.

It would be amazing to get as quick as that tho!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi missylalax,

Yes, I submitted Form 80. I submitted online through my immiaccount and Form 80 was one of the documents listed there. I've read some posts here saying that sometimes the CO doesn't require Form 80. Anyway, if it is really required for you, I'm sure your CO will ask you for it. Just keep it ready as it takes time to fill it up.

Good luck with the application. Please post your application timeline here and keep us updated!

Btw, I'm curious, for those of us who submitted online, we can actually upload additional documents anytime even if the CO doesn't ask for it. How do you do that for paper applications?

Also, did you submit your police clearance already?

HI! Wow that's quick! Congrats on your visa grant!
If I may ask, did you submitted Form 80 as well?

I have paper lodged here in Manila for 309 plus 2 dependents, and it wasn't included on the updated checklist so I didn't. Submitted 10th of November, requested medical last friday! And now waiting.

It would be amazing to get as quick as that tho!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've already filled it p but didn't submitted it with all the papers. I regret it though.As for paper lodging, they sent me an email add. It's where I could send inquiries, but as of now I'm not sure if I would be sending additional documents by VFS again or email.

Yes I have submitted both our PCC already. Completed medical last monday.

Here's my Timeline.
Subclass309 plus 2 dependents Offshore via VFS
Lodged by paper appication: 10th November
Request for medical: 18 November
Medical Completed: 21 November

I have yet to hear from my PO or CO regarding any added docs.

I've been hoping for a quick visa grant haha But to be more realistic I've already set myself to at least 5mos or so. I've been reading a lot, and i dont want to expect much. :D but to to read something like yours, it's just amazing! :)

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
So if I take away the 2 week delay in my medicals, that means my visa was granted in a little under 3 months!!! What's more shocking is my visa 309 and 100 were issued at the same time! I wasn't expecting this since we've only been married for 2 months at the time of my application!
How long had you been together before marriage?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I think your timeline looks promising since you were contacted to do your medicals only a few days after lodging your application. For me, it was two months before the CO requested me for medicals and PCC. I've read about others here who have been waiting for over 6 months - 1 year and they literally still haven't heard anything about their application.

I myself was more pessimistic in that I gave my visa 1 year to be issued. So it was definitely shocking to get it so early.

Btw, after submitting my medicals and PCC, the CO didn't contact me anymore until my visa was granted 2 weeks later. Who knows, your visa is going to be granted soon, and yours will even be faster than mine!!! :):):)

I've been hoping for a quick visa grant haha But to be more realistic I've already set myself to at least 5mos or so. I've been reading a lot, and i dont want to expect much. :D but to to read something like yours, it's just amazing! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi JandE,

I met my husband 9 years ago. But since that time, we have always been physically apart, living in different countries. We would just travel together every year (except for 1 skipped year) and it would just be for 2 - 3 weeks per year. We became an official couple 6 years ago. We were engaged less than 2 years ago. We had our civil wedding last June 2016, and will have our church wedding in Dec 2016.

How long had you been together before marriage?

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
hi JandE,

I met my husband 9 years ago. But since that time, we have always been physically apart, living in different countries. We would just travel together every year (except for 1 skipped year) and it would just be for 2 - 3 weeks per year. We became an official couple 6 years ago. We were engaged less than 2 years ago. We had our civil wedding last June 2016, and will have our church wedding in Dec 2016.
I've heard of another Filipino in your similar position, getting a full visa in such a short time, but couldn't work out why. I assume they look at the full facts and sometimes make the right decision quickly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, it's pretty confusing, as we don't qualify for a de facto relationship not having lived together ever, and we've only been married for a very short time. My theory is that maybe they also looked at my personal status and whether I'm a skilled worker or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know, I was shocked to get an email days after. I already set myself to get one early next year sis haha but really Praise God! :) Yes who knows how long or quick it will take. But am really hoping to get it sooner than expected. Let's see, since the waiting is the hardest part. I check my email like 10x a day hahahaha

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol! i limited myself to once a day. ironically, on the day my visa was granted, i forgot to check my email.

II check my email like 10x a day hahahaha

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received a call from the clinic last monday and we had follow ups done yesterday. After a few hours embassy emailed me again for additional documents. Giving us 28 days for completion. They have requested cenomar and AFP POLICE CHECK for hubby. But now ive been wondering how to send PCC since we paper lodged lol my cenomar is addressed to the embassy tho.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Cookiemonster, Im glad you opened new thread for Filipinos!!! And Congratulations for you Residency quick process.. Beautiful indeed!!! Im in Oz now with my tv multiple entry no 8503 condition, we are planning to get married on 11th of Feb 2017 and will apply onshore Trv through immi. We have been in a relationship for more than 3 years although,like your situation, we are not physically together all the time because he was working offshore and he visits me in Philippines every other month during his 1 month onshore vacation. I know we can apply for defacto but it is so hectic to gather all documents needed for a compelling reason to satisfy the 12-month living together, our joint account for 3 years wouldn't be enough i guess. But being here in oz and living together for a year now still wouldn't be enough for defacto coz we dont have share expenses ,im not working as tourist. I have read few applicants that they got their PR rather TRv because of their long time relationship plus ample evidences they have provided. I am so much hoping for the same result, if not, im willing to wait..LOL

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
We have been in a relationship for more than 3 years although,like your situation, we are not physically together all the time because he was working offshore and he visits me in Philippines every other month during his 1 month onshore vacation. I know we can apply for defacto but it is so hectic to gather all documents needed for a compelling reason to satisfy the 12-month living together, our joint account for 3 years wouldn't be enough i guess. But being here in oz and living together for a year now still wouldn't be enough for defacto coz we dont have share expenses ,im not working as tourist. I have read few applicants that they got their PR rather TRv because of their long time relationship plus ample evidences they have provided. I am so much hoping for the same result, if not, im willing to wait..LOL
If he is on FIFO with one month working and one month with you, that may be sufficient to satisfy living together full time.

With 'sharing expenses' it does not mean that BOTH have to share, if one is not working. As long as you both share in whatever income there is, no matter where it is from, that is sufficient. My wife hasn't been working since I met her almost 3 years ago. No problems with Visas on that score.
A joint account for 3 years may actually be enough. It proves sharing finances.

Reactions: Dooda and ampk

·
Registered
110 Posts
If he is on FIFO with one month working and one month with you, that may be sufficient to satisfy living together full time.

With 'sharing expenses' it does not mean that BOTH have to share, if one is not working. As long as you both share in whatever income there is, no matter where it is from, that is sufficient. My wife hasn't been working since I met her almost 3 years ago. No problems with Visas on that score.
A joint account for 3 years may actually be enough. It proves sharing finances.
Thanks JandE, I am also 3 yrs out of work ;)since I met him. my partner didn't spend the whole month with me because he had to go back Oz for bills,etc. Mostly 1-2 weeks he was with me and the maximum he stayed with me was full 3 months when we started to build our house. We have decided to open a joint account for me to have an easy access of funds for the building and other expenses. So basically, some of his pay goes to our account automatically every month. Things just changed, he resigned to his work and we chose to live together. So the funds going in our account stopped since then but still open with minimum balance. He is semi retired and a cabinet maker by trade. He does a bit of job but we mostly spend our time by renovating his rental where we currently live then finish his other house after the renovation. He also plans to register his Cabinet biz again but it is not going to happen soon. This is another worry because he doesn't work and doesn't take much cabinet making jobs because of own building and renovation. There will be no tax return/document to show them. He got his super and at the moment we live by it.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Thanks JandE, I am also 3 yrs out of work ;)since I met him. my partner didn't spend the whole month with me because he had to go back Oz for bills,etc. Mostly 1-2 weeks he was with me and the maximum he stayed with me was full 3 months when we started to build our house. We have decided to open a joint account for me to have an easy access of funds for the building and other expenses. So basically, some of his pay goes to our account automatically every month. Things just changed, he resigned to his work and we chose to live together. So the funds going in our account stopped since then but still open with minimum balance. He is semi retired and a cabinet maker by trade. He does a bit of job but we mostly spend our time by renovating his rental where we currently live then finish his other house after the renovation. He also plans to register his Cabinet biz again but it is not going to happen soon. This is another worry because he doesn't work and doesn't take much cabinet making jobs because of own building and renovation. There will be no tax return/document to show them. He got his super and at the moment we live by it.
I am not sure if working actually matters, as long as he has an income.
It didn't for me, but that was the PMV followed by 820.

I am also aware of retirees sponsoring partners, so I feel working isn't a criteria.

Reactions: Dooda
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.